DWC Second Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by CaptnChronChron, Sep 17, 2014.

1. I moved my first one over and transplanted my other girl in aswell. I also installed my drip line.
    pH: 5.5
    Ppm: 330.
    Day 11.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411500771.838347.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411500785.821620.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Any problems you can see?

3. The only problem with having two together is if one turns out to be male what will you do? 

4. Lol well I thought about that and I'm not sure? Cut it and try to remove it's roots aswell? Fingers crossed ones not!!! They were pretty dark and veiny looking like a little watermelon.

5. Well day 13.

48hours after transplant into dwc. Lot more growth. I think there doing good. How often do I change my Rez water?
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411685929.048330.jpg
    Ph: 5.2
    Ppm: 375

6. Couple things that might help, I found good results putting the rapid rooter into perlite in the cups to start them, they can grow in there maybe a month, and then they get root bound(roots too big for container).  The roots attach to some of the perlite, but it has never dropped in my rez.  It holds water much longer than hydroton, but requires watering every 1-2 days. Also I never use nutes to start, the plant has enough nutes stored in the cotyledones (the first two leaf looking pieces when it first sprouts), prob a week or less i start with very small amount of nutes.

A bit of advice about the rez.. Unless something crazy happens I change my rez about 4 times, but its good to check your rez every 2-3 days.
    1. Initial solution
    2. I flush for 2 days before flowering
    3. add flowering solution
    4. I flush several days before harvest.

I imagine you have 6-8 gal rez... 

I do have to add solution every 1-4 days(especially during flowering, I seem to lose a quart a more, per plant, per day.  But I just add to current solution. PPMs... veg i would recommend 400-600ppm, and flowering 800-1200ppm, 

Hope that helps, Good Luck!

7. I will take all that into consideration! Thanks for the advice. It's there third day in the dwc and they are excelling! My water levels, ph, ppm is staying pretty consistent. Using Fox Farm nutes.

Day 14
    Ph 5.2
    Ppm 386
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411752235.089503.jpg

8. Day 15.
    Ph: 6.2
    Ppm:457

Yesterday I changed the water and added new nutes to new water. The reason I changed water was because the ph was way off. They look like they have doubled since water change.

Anyone tagging along? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411920134.982362.jpg

9. Thanks man! A lot of work and time into these baby's. I love it. I've picked up a hobby I'll have the rest of my life. I'll get that ph in check. Thanks bro! A lot to come.

10. Day 16.

While checking the ph today it read around 7.5 so I added some fresh water to it which brought it around 6.5. Should be good now.

pH: 6.5
    Ppm: 472
    Growing fast!!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412020291.993675.jpg

11. For all the hydro growers out there. When do you normally top(fim) the plants? How many nodes? And how hard of a process is that? I've watched some YouTube videos on it. Seems fairly manageable.

12. its recommended to top between 3 and 5 nodes and it's fairly easy as long as your careful. I did after the 4th node on mine.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1326685-bubbleponics-dwc-first-time-grow.html/page-3#entry20602506

13. Thanks for the reply! I believe I'm growing my 3rd node now so I'll prob top when my fourth one comes in good.

My ppm has dropped a little. Is this due to plants getting bigger using a little nutes?

I also read that you can trim some of the non productive leaves on a young plant. Anyone know which ones you can trim up? Is it too early?

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412087815.076789.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412087825.209534.jpg

Day 17

Ph: 6.4
    Ppm: 442.

14. I personally looked around a lot to see what kind of trimming if any j should do. You get a lot of mixed answers. What I found most common was to let the plant flourish and keep its leaves to absorb more light. It's when in my situation I start to trim out leaves when I flip to flower and everything below the screen is pretty hidden. Trim off fan leaves blocking bud site growth.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1326685-bubbleponics-dwc-first-time-grow.html/page-3#entry20602506

15. I think I'll be waiting to trim then. I've also read a lot of mixed answers. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412096625.984104.jpg
    So far so good!

16. yeah I haven't cut any leaves just lst sometimes not even that. I would just pull the fan leaves down under the new growth, and use the new to hold it down. Fan leaf sticks out further so it still gets light and now the new growth is completely exposed. Seemed to work super well for me. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412097188.153840.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412097248.195925.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412097400.322913.jpg

17. I change out my nutrient solution once the plants have drank 3-4 times the volume of the reservoir. But I test and adjust if necessary most days to keep it spot on 

If your ppm has dropped it means it's too low so raise it a little. 

Leaves collect the light so it would be silly to cut any off unless they are attached to a branch that is being removed as a form of training.

Leaves shading shoots is fine, it's the leaves that feed those shoots so don't tuck them behind.

Try and keep your PH between 5.5 and 6.5, definitely make sure it stays between 5 and 7. 

If one of the plants is male try grafting a cutting from the other one on to the cut stem. If it takes, it will keep the roots alive so they won't rot and should flower well as it will have a fully grown root system

18. Thanks for the info bro!

On a nutes guideline or schedule is this a good one to go by? Even the ppm's? Seems high. Need help in a schedule. Will this work? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1412133331.335342.jpg

19. Being im on week 3 should I have 1100 ppm like it says?