First Vape Opinions?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by BluntForceTrauma, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Thinking i might finally join the dark side and start vaping. Only problem is, I'm broke as shit. Also part of the reason why i might start vaping. Im leaning more towards a pen vape, due to the portability and stealth of it. Plus i already have a largish bong, and dont need a desktop vape taking up more space.
    So ive been looking at the Skycloud by kandypens, it's gotten pretty decent reviews, and is a 3 in1(concentrates, dry herb, and eliquid) if I'm getting it for 60 bucks, is there anything that can really beat that deal?
    Suggestions and opinions would be appreciated

Sent from my N9810 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. If you're going to be vaping dry herbs, stay AWAY from vape pens.   They will not vaporize dry herbs.    They will combust.

3. no i will be vaping mainly wax, and it comes with a special atomizer for vaping dry herb

4. #4 lwien, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014

I will say this one more time.     The pens, regardless of glass screens, atomizers or whatever,  will NOT vaporize dry herbs.

(I think I might as well resign myself to saying this at least 8 times a week here)

5. alright, now i know. You have successfully educated one more person. thanks for the tip :)

And thank YOU for not debating this with me and just taking it for what it is.    Doesn't happen a lot around here and it's really refreshing.

7. Do you have any suggestions on a good pen vape for mostly wax?

8. I bought an VExotica Diablo for $50 at a tobacco shop. It was my first pen purchase. Works well (4 weeks). USB charge. I like it but now I am beginning to research and think I could have done better. (EBay 12 bux in lots of 10) Anyone want to point to the definitive guide to vape pens? Every time I start to read up on this I get confused. I don't want to build my own 

9. #9 lwien, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014

Wish I could.     I only use dry herbs though and have no experience with concentrates, but if portability is not an issue, check this out for a VERY HEAVY hitter vape for concentrates:

http://youtu.be/RKfb0yKG9i4

10. Look up the Maud Dib Concentrate box by Magic Flight. It's pretty much the best portable concentrate vape out there

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I have been looking at this one. So it works well for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Ya man this thing is awesome. I've used plenty of other wax pens and the maud dib is the only thing that comes close to actually dabbing it. I also have the power adapter as the magic flight orbiter for it and it makes it so much better. You should defiantly invest in the maud dib

There are a lot of people including my self who would disagree with that. I found the Maud dib to be pretty unsatisfactory when I used it.

14. What didnt you like about it? Me and my group of friends enjoy using this thing. We obviously prefer rigs but when we are out and about and need something portable then this thing is where it's at in my opinion

15. Hard to get solid hits. I only used it twice in a session where we had the Maud Dib and and a Persei getting passed around between a couple people, and a session with just the Maud Dib. The Persei was definitely the better, it hit harder and was a lot easier to use. I have only used a few other vape pens like crap G pens and some globes and I would say the Maud Dib was better than them but Gpens and globe style pens are crap.

16. Nah man you probably had some weak batteries then. If you have the maud dib then you need good batteries or the power adapter. Trust me when you use it with the power adapter it's soooo much better and intense

17. The time by its self It was used with the power adapter. The other time it was with fresh batteries. So nah man not just weak batteries.

18. Well shit. I still recommend the maud dib since it also looks cool

19. I will give it that. They should take some of the styling cues from it and offer them with the MFLB.