Spider/russet Mites

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by lilredrice, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Hello guys, was just wondering if it is in the middle flowering and have mite damage on the bud, if i were to kill or slow down the mites, would the bud recover.?

2. If by killing you mean spraying them down with a contact killer, I wouldn't do that if they are more than 2 weeks into flowering and even then any harsh spray will have some effect on the taste, yield, health of the flower and plant. If your really far into flower try using an organic approach. try a rosemary oil mix spray(5ml rosemary oil, 50ml olive oil, few drops of palm olive soap to 1L of water) its worked for me in the past for spider mites as long as ventilation is on point so humidity doesn't raise. if your have russet mites use a sulfur approach, personally its the only thing that's worked for me here on the West Coast.

3. You better have some lady bugs mailed overnight from Amazon.

4. I would start beating the livin shit outta those mites ya know what i'm saying? I mean grab em by the back of the head and just start punching thier face in until they die.

DEATH TO MITES!!!

5. Drop the temperature down below 60 for a while-that will slow them.  Also, more than 12 hrs of darkness will mess with their reproductive habits.  I just used a concentrated solution of capsaicin distilled from habanero peppers(burns on my arms, face-but not on my hands...cuz i wore gloves lol...).  It seems to be the most "natural" solution, and won't affect buds too much(except maybe spicy? :D).  I've been playing with my lights and temperature to fuck with their colony, and generally my genocide seems to be going well.  Cheers!

Solomon