Marc Emery And Legalization In Canada And The Us

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by BakedSnarf, Sep 17, 2014.

1. #1 BakedSnarf, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    Having just stumbled upon this video on VICE, I recognized it was about Marc Emery - whom I'd think most who partake in marijuana use have at least heard of - and his release from prison this past July. 

I just wanted to hear other blade's thoughts and opinions on Marc Emery and his hope for marijuana to be legalized both in Canada and the US in the next 5-6 years. 

Personally, as a Canadian pot-smoker I stand behind Marc Emery and his activism to make weed legal in both western countries, however am a little skeptical about thinking it'll be legal in 5-6 years; it just seems like much more of an uphill battle than he leads everyone to believe. 

Link to the video

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/canadian-cannabis/the-cult-of-marc-emery-435?utm_source=vicefbca

2. Even if it was to become legal federally the next battle will be provincial legislation. I know BC will probably have it easy, but most of the rest of canada still lives in the dark ages. My guess is they will create another government ran cartel like they did with wine and spirits.

3. One thing is for sure, in Quebec it would be taxed as fuck... Stupid fucking government

4. How soon do you think it will be legalized if the Liberals come to power in this year's election this fall?