Flowering And Harvest Help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by PineTree503, Sep 16, 2014.

1. So I have a pretty decent grow going http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1323038-Just-Kinda-Stumbled-In%2E-Feedback%3F however, I have no idea how to gage its progress It has been running 12/12 for the last 3 weeks, and has decent bud development. In haven't seen any herms growth. I just sprayed for mites with soap and have recently gone up to 3tsp/gal with gh floranova (which has been a beginners dream). I've got organic soil, and I'm good on lumens.

How much more growth should I expect, and when is it time to pull the plug? I've heard that when 80% of the pistils turn its time. I know what that'll look like because my cfls got a little close.

I've been flushing with water every 3rd water. Do I need to discontinue nutes soon?

Hang and dry with airflow? 2 weeks

Age in mason jar for the same amount of time?

Time for her close up

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410888826.745157.jpg

[a b c d e f g h I j k l m n p o o p q r s t u v w x y z 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0]

Closet Trial: http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1323038-Just-Kinda-Stumbled-In%2E-Feedback%3F

2. I kept tinkering with the plant, and have have 2 major malfunctions thus far:

During list I partially split the main stem. I panicked initially, as all good mothers should, but after some deep breathes, I cut out all the LST, and bound the trunk with pope cleaners after misting it. Seems to have fixed it, and it looks like LST has done what it can for me anyways.

The lights got left on an extra 2 hours the last two nights. I realized my timers weren't synced. I know it was only two nights because I sleep next to the box. I fixed it, but I don't know how that's going to effect things.

Otherwise. I've maintained all growth by keeping shade leaves 3 to a stem. Every thing is budding.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411060620.516801.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Cant answer all your questions by any means but can a few. They can easily double if not triple in size during flower. Keep to your nute schedule until the last few weeks or so then start your main flush. We air dried ours for a few days then jarred them. First few weeks opening the jars a few times a day to air out then once a day for a few weeks and it was all good.

Most people judge endtime by color of trichomes. Everyone is a little different. Read around to find what kind of end bud you want.Or somone can post here and let you know what happens with different trichomes color, milky/clear/amber ect and % of clear to amber that I dont really know.

4. This

Normally plants take 8-12 weeks to fully develop under a 12/12 cycle. And yes dude is correct you use trichomes to judge when they are ready

Is as followed

Clear = not ready
    Milky = heady high
    Amber = more of a stoned

I wait til I have a 70-30 mix of milky and amber. But that is my personal opinion on that. Never harvest when your trichomes are clear. You will be disappointed

As far as harvest have had them dry in as little as a week and as long as two. Do make sure it is good and dry before putting them in jars. Make sure you get a snapping sound from the stems. And curing is also variable. Check it daily and is should get better every week until it is perfect

• Like Like x 1