Is My Domeless Nail Bad For My Piece?

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by weedXweedX, Sep 16, 2014.

1. So I have a little honeycomb bong with a natural percent so it has a built in down stem. Every time I heat up my titanium dome less nail it gets the joint super hot! Is this OK to do over and over or will it eventually break thanks!

Sent from my Event using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Get it super hot then drop a piece of ice down it. It will make it stronger kinda how you cool a hot sword to make it stronger

Sent from my SM-G900R7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. (this will crack your piece, lol)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Damn not even 30 seconds before some one called me out.

5. I have a DI mini tube that I've had for over two years and the joint is fine. I would honestly say that around 2,000 dabs, probably way more have been taken out of that rig, and the joint has gotten super hot when I used to use a Dualiti and have sessions with friends where people are heating back to back. It has a high quality Czech simax joint though

6. don't get you nail so hot...  Only needs to reach around 300 degrees to vape.  The Ti nail turns red, it's too hot.  Don't aim the flame toward the glass.  The nail itself in theory could get the glass hot enough to crack it, but  the torch is the bigger risk there.

7. #7 Dr.Fumbles, Sep 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2014
    Red means around 700 degrees and you want it around that mid to high 400 mark(without enail) can go a little lower with an enail since its a continuous heat source and the oil isnt cooling the nail head as fast. But must also carb your nail someway if you are dabbing at that low of temp

Sent from my SM-G900P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Lol it needs to be higher than 300 but not red hot. Usually domeless nails get your joint pretty hot but it's nothing to worry about. Your joint gradually getting hotter is fine but a rapid temperature change (like if you were to torch your joint, which you obviously shouldnt) will cause a break. Boro has a coefficient of expansion (COE) of 33, quartz is 0 so that means it doesn't expand and contract when heated. Boro will expand when heated so if you heat it too hot too fast it will break. A domeless shouldn't break your joint.

9. this is my vote for the village idiot award! rock on with your retarded self son!!! :metal:

10. I'm pretty sure your the "Retard" for not reading two posts down and realizing I was being sarcastic. Good job jackass

11. Get an adapter.

12. i too was being sarcastic as your post violates the HARM prevention policy of GC. chill homie, i was just playin with ya a lil bit. this dab of Girl Scout Cookies crumble is to you! :metal: