Clf 200Watt Bulb

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by #watercharges, Sep 16, 2014.

1. I have a clf bulb it's like an energy saver on steroids in my closet with a reflector hood and I want to know will I get buds off this lamp?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. Yes? But just for the future you'd be much better off with say, 4 50w CFLs rather than one 200w. Since CFLs have such shitty penetration and their lumens are basically 0 after 6-8" you'd get one nice top bud and that's it. However with a decent number if smaller lights you can place them all around the plant turning those nearly non-existent buds on the bottom into something.

3. That's a good idea it's my first grow so I want to get the hang of it first but after my first harvest I might upgrade to the 4 50watt cfls and keep the big 200cfl in the middle of the 4 what do you think? And I am not using nutrients yet I don't know what to use any ideas? Thanks for the reply to help a noobie out :)

4. That would be awesome man. One up top and four all around. However if you're gonna spend that much on cfls (50w and 200w bulbs definately aren't cheap), why not just get a 400-600w HID?

5. I already have a 200watt cfl bulb and HID? I don't know what they are?

6. High Intensity Discharge. Using Metal Halide/High Pressure Sodium bulbs

7. Oh I understand now I don't have the cash for a ballast and they are a need for hps aren't they?

8. How do i check them? Sorry first time grower long time smoker haha

9. Here's a 126watt cfl grow on a NL autoflower to prove that if cfls are used correctly you can get decent results.... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410948132.844966.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410948145.227437.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410948164.393693.jpg
    65grams....

Peace 👽

Headchefs indoor and outdoor adventures! - http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1289059-

10. yes, that's what I use.. Use 6500k for veg, then switch to 2700k for flower.

11. I don't understand switch? Like buy another bulb? For flower?

12. #14 CanadianOrganic, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    Yeah I know, headchef :) not dissing on CFLs but you certainly didn't get that from one single bulb :p all I'm saying haha

Whoops, rereading your post I think you were simply agreeing with my post :)

13. So what can I expect from one cfl bulb? I don't want to be disappointed because if so ill save the cash for the hps because I don't want a big yeald I want dence buds

14. #16 CanadianOrganic, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014
    You'll do alright with the 200w but try and pick up a few 23w bulbs just to put around the plant. They're like 5$/ 4 pack.
    And you do need different bulbs for flowering than vegging. Check out your bulb and see if it's 6500k or 2700k.

15. I baught the light second hand how can I tell the k?

16. It's a 2700k can that do both?

17. Should say somewhere on it. But basically if the light it produces is WHITE, it's 6500k, if it has a slightly orange/yellow tinge it's 2700k

18. It had it printed on it 2700k lol will that do both stages?