Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Sickle Cell Anybody?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by hyffe_beats, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Anybody here use MMJ to help with ther Sickle Cell pain?

Ive been using cannabis infused coconut oil to help with my pain episodes.   It relieves the pain and helps me sleep wonderfully.

I also have joint pain in my legs  from walking, i mean simple walking around a store and my joints start to hurt. The MMJ helps relieve the inflamtion and soothes the pain out in my joints (mainly where all sickle cell pain occurs). Lastly, it helps with my lower back pain from the disease. 

Edible cannabis helps me much better than smoking it ever did. Smoking cannabis is a fast acting instant pain relief, but edible cannabis has a stronger long lasting affect on relieving my pain. Its a slow wait when you are in pain, but the befeits will pay off greatly.

I use a hybrid of Kush & Northern Lights for my pain reliever as of now and future use. Its a wonderful indica that makes my body feel peacful and free of pain. I can function and be active when i need to, but also fall asleep easliy when i close my eyes. Its a great strain for pain relief. MikeJ over at peakseedsbc reccomended it to me, and i am very thankful for him. I have gone through two plants of this strain and i love it.

Anybody else care to share their expierence or somebody they may know who uses MMj for Sickle Cell pain?

If you folks need any info or help, please feel free to ask me anything!

2. Yep, I do. Though I also use it for Ulcerative Colitis. Back to Sickle Cell though, it doesn't treat my pain like Dilauded does, but it helps me manage it a hell of a lot better than if I was sober. For anyone not familiar reading this, Sickle Cell endows excruciating pain on par and surpassable to child birth pain. So if I was at 8 (out of 10), it'd help me manage as if I was a 5, even though the pain is somewhat the same. So mainly when it comes to crisis, I'll take a couple puffs before heading to the hospital because they can leave me waiting hours, up to 12 hours in pain and waiting for treatment since ER here has stupid ass policy of how much pain killers they can give out. It makes a world of a difference. As for marijuana soloing my pain, it just doesn't have the potency to do it (in context of vaping.) I haven't been able to try much of anything else because of the prohibitory costs.

If you save your vaped material, you can make edibles or tinctures with it, it's known as ABV, and those edibles can help with some more of the pain relief, or at least make your pain meds better at management. 

4. I know what you mean kaze. Also a lot of ER's don't know how to treat sickle cell pain sadly. Try edibles because they give a stronger effect (on me), than regular smoking, even beats using the vaporizer.

5. Also, I got a good ass recipe for medicated coconut oil. It takes about 45 mins to kick in though. I also have other tips that will help with the pain ,not related to cannabis, if you want them let me know.

6. that is awesome!  I recommend to add lecithin to the oil for ingestion purposes and d-limonene (about 10 %) for topical application absorption enhancement.

7. thank you for the tips! I will definitely look into it for my next batch

8. just messaged you with the info. Hope it helps!