Are Your Parents Okay With You Blazing?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Spyd3rAssassin, Sep 16, 2014.

1. I just wanted to get some opinions from other people. I just started smoking this year with 2 friends of mine and even though they're both older than me (19), I'm 18, my parents know that whenever I go out with them that I'm getting baked. They'll ask me things such as "Are you going out to smoke weed?" And I'll reply with "Yeah mom" etc and they're totally cool with it. And one of my buddies that I smoke with his dad even taught us how to roll j's. But my other bud his parents are like super uptight about it. Anyways, just want to know how your parents feel about you smoking and if you have any experience stories good or bad let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. my dad and step mom couldn't care less, but my mom doesn't know. my dad just says be careful doing it with friends cause you might get into trouble with the police. 

3. :laughing:

No

4. My parents are dead. So I guess they have no choice do they? They will have to accept my weed smoking or else.......remain dead.

5. Well my sister is 6 years older than me and has been smoking pot since she was 13. She did get on harder drugs and as a result my parents see weed as the stereotypical "gateway drug" so I just keep it away from them. I can see why they are so against it but I have a different view to them.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I've never told my parents and I don't plan on it. I moved recently and on the drive down me and my dad stared talking about bud and what he thought about the prohibition. We talked about it so much that we ended up on the topic of DMT.

Me and my dad agreed on almost everything which I thought was tight! (He's never smoked a day in his life)

7. i dont live with my mom/dad anymore, but both of them know. they dont care outside of 'dont let it ruin your life' really. they dont wanna know anything about it, lol. they asked to remain ignorant essentially.

i do however live with my older sister, who used to smoke. her only rule is to not smoke it in the house. which i follow 90% of the time. the other 10% i raise a window.

its cool because ill be going out and she's like 'going to get high?' and im like 'yeh' or when i come in and sometimes we bump into each other and she goes 'you're high aint ya?' and im like: :smoke:

its great because she understands, at least more so than my parents.

8. It's been a struggle with me and my mom. When she found out she flipped. Said she had been smelling it for a while but I guess she was in denial. She told me not to smoke in the house and I didn't for a while but it's so convenient lol. Anyway, the other day she said to me "put that bong away and get those damn ashes out of the window" lmaoo. but she didn't tell me to pack my stuff and go so I guess I'm good.

9. My moms dont like that i do it. But she doesnt care as long as its not inside her house.

JESUS GOT SHOT IN THE FACE

10. im they tell me to only do it in weekly once when theres a party at the weekend. they give me shit for it tho

Sent from my LG-D320 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. #11 AR Toasty, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    My dad is an OG stoner.

Mum on the other hand is a total square. I just tell her, "You're not the boss of me, Ma!" Then she raps me across the head and tells me to respect my mother. We cool.

12. My dad has toked, as well as using harder drugs, since he was younger than I am, and never did much to hide it from me. So needless to say, he never had much issue with me toking when I was a teenager. My mom is dead, so obviously no issue there, but she toked too, so it probably wouldn't be an issue anyhow.

The only adult in my family I ever really tried to hide it from was my grandma, though I sometimes think she caught on. My grandpa definitely did, but he just laughed and gave me shit about it. "Oh mijo, you smell a little...smoky!" :laughing:

13. They found out when I was like 17 or 18 cause I had an incident with the police and they had called my house so I was forced to confess.
    But as I grew up, I also matured fast and I became smarter.

Nowadays, my parents don't care. As long as its not in their house, they're fine with it.

14. yup

mom never cared, could have been doing much worse

and dad used to sell me bud :smoke:

15. My mom didn't like it, but she knew she couldn't stop me. She just told me not to smoke in her house and not to deal. 
    I think her being that understanding, made me respect her more, honestly. 

16. My father didn't care, found weed in his van.

My mom was super anti pot, but eventually gave in when she noticed my grades shot up to A's from all F's.

I'm 33 now and my mom even suggests cannabis business since it's nearly legal here in ca.

17. My dad's really cool with it, he even introduced me to my dealer.

Mum is kinda cool about it, basically because my sisters are mad, one of them has smoked for years, drinks a lot and has been in and out of trouble all her life, the other ran away when she was 16, leaving her scholarship at a private school behind to live in Northern Ireland... Me having a good job, not drinking and only having been arrested once by 19 is enough for her to let smoking weed go :)

None of the group of friends I smoke withs parents know, I consider myself really lucky to have more understanding parents.

18. moms cool with it. dad is not. 

19. Last year at this time, I had to be hospitalized for an amputation and my mom came to stay with my children. She wouldn't even water my 4 plants that were seedlings. I lost 4 White Widows. So I guess she's not cool with it. LOL

20. When I was younger they were not okay with it even though my dad smoked on a daily basis.

Now I'm 33 with a family and when my parents visit we all burn together when the kids go to sleep dad even hits me up for a bag cuz I get way way better bud than him. Poor old guy smoked low end mids