Switching Over To The Iolite

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by bongs4days, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Could have just been the particular one you bought. But does it have a temperature control?

2. It could have been... but then again there are a massive amount of reviews stating the same thing FuckCombustion so im gonna have to say it pretty clearly wasnt just the unit I had. The iolite is set at one point.

3. #23 lwien, Sep 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2014

Just about everything.   I hated the taste.   Has a very plasticy taste.   Didn't like the vapor production.   Didn't like the loading and emptying process.    Didn't like the excessive heat that it produced on the outside casing.   Didn't like the noise it made while it was cycling on and off.    Didn't like the fact that the intake stem had a tendency to overheat and break.  Didn't like the leaking butane when refilling it.   Didn't like the fact that it failed to ignite about 50% of the time. Come to think of it, I didn't like anything about it other than possibly the form factor.

And, btw, much of what I stated above was echoed over at FC as well.

Now they may have made some running improvements on it.     My experience with it was over 5 years ago.

4. Hmm... maybe I should just get a pax instead (even though it would three times as much) or if the Grasshopper had entered the market by now, I would definately be using my money on that!

5. #25 lwien, Sep 17, 2014

I really don't like the Pax either.    Hate the idea that it's constantly cooking your herbs.

6. Indica > pax

7. Which vape would you recommend? I'm looking for a handheld one I can use "on the go"

8. #28 Apoped, Sep 17, 2014
    if you want a reliable portable. the MFLB is the best beT.

imo

Sent from my Spaceship, high as hell.

9. I was going to get that one originally, until I found someone selling an Iolite for less than what I'd pay for the MFLB. I assumed that since Iolite is normally more expensive, it would be the better one. But if MFLB is better, I guess I'll go with that. Although it's been said that the MFLB takes a while to learn how to use properly.

10. MFLB most realiable portable? Thats kind of a stretch seeing as it is pretty common thing for MFLBs to break.

11. who said most reliable?

12. "If you want a reliable portable, the mflb is the best bet"

It is neither the most reliable portable or the best of the reliable portables. I assumed you meant the first because the second is even further from the truth.

13. the MFLB is a reliable portable vape. especially since OP is obviously trying to save money, the MFLB would be perfect.

14. Its only your best bet if stealth and cost are the top two things in your priority list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. They aren't necessarily on the "top of my priority list" it's just that for my FIRST vape, I don't intend on spening a lot of money, since I'll be fairly new to vaporizing. But to maximize my experience, I'd be willing to put down more money for it. And stealth is only important when I take it outside of my home; like if I went to a concert and felt like getting high there.

16. Just remember man, when it comes to vapes, you truly get for what you pay for.

17. also, have you checked out the firewood? I haven't ever used one, but I heard its a.decent vape.

Ummm..........not always.   Sometimes ya get more, sometimes you get less.

Yup.    I heard the same as well.    The new Daisy is gettin' quite a bit of good airplay at FC if want a vape that isn't too portable but hits like a bong.    That may be worth checking out as well.