Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tincture Effects?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by CampingThyme, Sep 16, 2014.

1. So I got my recommendation for MMJ a couple days ago and wanted to try some tincture. The brand the dispensary I ordered from is Dutch Farms its the Girl Scout Cookies strain they offer. My first use I took about a droppersfull  and added about a quarter of another (Into some tea). After awhile I felt tired and went to sleep, but didn't feel anything (I figured I just slept through the high). This morning I took 2 droppersfull under my tongue, again feeling nothing even after hours. At some points I may have felt a bit warm and drowsy I guess? I couldn't tell if I was actually feeling anything or if I was just thinking about it too much. Overall I probably took about 10ml in the past 24 hours in different doses (the 30ml bottle is almost halfway gone). Also I should probably add I've built up no tolerance to marijuana, I wasn't by any means a regular user. So what is tincture supposed to do? Did I just get a bad batch? Maybe the effects aren't supposed to be very noticeable or it just isnt for me. Let me know what you guys think of it.

2. So at this point I've consumed almost the entire 30ml bottle (Theres probably about 5ml left), and I'm still not sure I've felt anything from it. Anyone experience anything similar?

3. also, if you haven't felt anything, try taking all 5ml that are left.  If the bottle does contain 100mg of THC, this would be about 15mg which you should be able to feel.  Being fairly new to tinctures myself, when I started taking them I would start out with a certain amount.  If I felt nothing the next time I'd double it.  If I felt nothing again I'd double again, until I found the proper dose. 

4. Some tincures are CBD high and THC low. I have never done tinctures so I am curious about this as well. I know at the church of cannabis, they use it daily like morning prayer or something.

5. Maybe think about making your own tincture in the future.  There's a great thread on it, with lots of detailed instruction.