Xxkadianxxs First Grow.

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by xxKaDiaNxx, Sep 15, 2014.

1. Hello everyone! I'm 1 month in on my first grow, it's been a challenge as I expected it to be, but I say go big or go home lol. I'm doing a DWC scrog grow.
    My set up:
    -Lighthouse Hydro 4x2x5 tent
    -Mars II Led
    -Rodi
    -7gal Tub (x2)
    -6" outtake/ 4" intake fans

I got my clones on 8/15, 4 Sour D's. They were a little hurting but nothing terrible, the guy I bought them from seemed to be newer to cloning, but for the price I couldn't complain. Only 5 days in I had roots on 2 of the plants, yeah! Also my first problem... the leds were too much and burnt the plants so I raised them. First lesson learned.

8/21- Both rooted plants in same tub, added nutes at 1/4 strength. PPM's at 118 (17 before nutes) PH in both tubs 5.6 and a thrid plant has roots.

8/25- Only 3 plants with roots still. Bringing the light up helped, and I have strong root growth on the two. Second problem.... spider mites. Wiped all the leaves underside and top with soap water. Will be repeating the process every other day and hope they are eradicated sooner then later. Adding PH down as I'm at 6.1.

8/27- Took a gal out of the tub lacking root development. Assume they are just getting to much water to go searching for it. Still having trouble keeping the ph down in the tub with nutes, at 6.1 again. PPM's are 128 so they don't seem to be absorbing the nutes yet. Wiping the leaves down again, seemed to help last time. Fingers crossed.

9/1- Did a water change in the the tub with nutes. Added full strength. Still no nutes on one of the plants, starting to loose faith. Still wiping down leaves every other day. Haven't seen signs of mites for a bit, but taking no chances. P.H. 5.8 PPM 567

9/3- Still no roots, don't expect those two to make it. The other two look great! Lots of new growth and roots. PPM 546 PH 5.6

9/7- Did a complete flush today as 2 of my plants got brown spots over night, third problem lol. Could be many things, lowered the nutes and raised the light (maybe from spraying the mites) Hoping that fixes it. Finally gave up on the two other plants. Took them out, the roots looked okay, but they are too small to keep trying to grow with the other plants so we planted them outside for the hell of it. The two that are left are almost touching the canopy (8" above medium)

9/9- PPM 356 Ph 5.9. Still nervous about the brown spots, can't tell if the newer growth already has some. Continuing to keep my eye out. The plants are offically touching the netting now! Temp 80, 44% hum, res is 77 though so I am adding water bottles filled with ice to help drop that.

9/11-9/14- Ph was 5.8 PPM's 370-349, 80, 43% hum, and res 69-75.

9/15- Sudden drop in my PH, down to 5.1. Had tap water sitting since yesterday as I assume the brown spots are lack of calcium. Did a full flush again. PPM 649 PH 5.7. Still continuing to spray for mites, add ice bottles for res. Can't afford a humidifier, really wish I could.

So as you can see there have been some trials and error here. Still keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping my tap water (ppm 128 so not bad from my understanding) will help with the potential calcium problem. I've attached a few photos. Any advice is more then appreciated. Hoping this grow continues to teach me so that I can have an easier grow next time lol.

Attached Files:

2. Finally getting the res temps down, running from 62-70, which is better then it was. The ph has become a problem with the tap water, using so much ph down it's getting ridiculous. Might have to do half ro and half tap next water change to see if it helps some. Unfortunately I can't afford the calc supplement atm so this is my only choice. Plants look good today, hoping that the calc deficiency is over and looking forward to the new growth!

3. I find once the plant develops more the ph in the water gets more stable.

What nutes are you using?

Also if you are planning on flowering in that space you will need to cover up that red switch on your power strip. Use some electrical tape or something dark to block the light from coming out.

When buying power strips I hunt for the ones that don't light up.

"Don't let the past remind us of what we are not now."

1000 watt Scrog Journal

4. Hi, yeah the light will be covered for flower. I'm using general hydro nutes, via the lucus formula. I hope you're right about the ph, it's getting quite annoying lol

5. I would start some type of foliar spray to kill those mites and for prevention since you are so early along.

Also
    The roots are out of the net pots and into the solution?
    What's ur water level ?
    What kinda air pump are you using?
    The water bottles have caps on tight right.. Just making sure..

IT IS WHAT IT IS !
    Learn&Grow

6. Hi WiiseeBudz2, the mites seem to be under control with the soap spray solution. Haven't seen them in over a week, but still spraying because I don't trust them!
    The roots are out of the net pots and developing nicely.
    I have abot 4.5 gals in a 7 gal tub, the water bottles have tight caps on them definitely!
    My air pump is a Eco Plus Supreme Air Pump 2 Outlet 320 L/H - 4W (http://www.amazon.com/Ecoplus-Supreme-Air-Pump-Outlet/dp/B00FHC8Y7C)

Hope that helps some.

Ph today is 5.9 res temp 60.1 temp 80 and hum 46.5. My ppms have crawled up by about 30, guessing I just need to add some more water, but want to wait and see what they read at later to make a decision.

7. The tap water seems to be doing is job, all new growth is looking good. Wish I could make the bad leaves disappear they take away from my babies lol. Have officially started to pull the branches down under the net. I feel like I'm going to snap the branches sometimes, but so far so good. Any help is appreciated!

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. Had a sudden drop in PH from yesterday. Everything I read said too many nutes, so I added 1.5 gals of water to drop my PPms by 100. Ph is at 5.9 PPM's at 477 (this seems so low) Plants look amazing though, they are growing like crazy! I'll be posting pics later. Realized that it's been 10 days from my first post on here and what a difference it has made! Hope that dropping the PPm's will help them out even more. If anyone has any advice on the ph drop or the amount of ppms I'd love to hear about it.

9. Here's the picture, can't believe it's only been ten days.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files: