Dreaded Yield Estimate (Pictures)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by rades1, Sep 15, 2014.

1. I am a total noob to growing, let alone yielding weight. I'm just asking an estimate for yield Bc I'm growing for medicinal, and want to guesstimate how long one plant will last me.

Strain: cbdcrew medihaze 80 sativa/20 indica
    6 week 24/0 veg
    500 w cfl/ 500 w halogen (I know halogen isn't ideal but I only put it in my grow room bc I had it, and I needed the extra heat (been getting in the 30s at night)
    5th week flowering from firer day 12/12
    General organics go line
    4 feet in height/ 3 feet wide

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410800957.230536.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410800967.739651.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410800978.513562.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410800989.704165.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1410800999.495507.jpg

So what do you pros think ill get?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Smokable, 1-2 zips of mixed grade.

Marketable, zero.

3. Marketable zero? What's that mean? lol

4. that means it would not sell in public, I would say a little more than 2 zips. it being a sativa dominant it will have to flower longer, 3 zips.

5. That's not bad, it's for my own use but why wouldn't it sell? It looks that bad?!?

6. I didn't say it would not sell, that was the first reply, it doesn't look to bad to me.

7. It will sell in public, but for a much lower price. Some dispensaries sell dried crunchy fan leaves for like $10 an 8th.

8. I dunno what the hell a zip is. A ziplock bag? Cause they come in different sizes here. I'd be aiming for about 4-8 ounces of that lovely lady. Assuming you smoke about a half a week, that's a month or two worth of free reefer there. Lucky bastard. xD

Peace.

9. Haha a zip is 1 once...I believe. And thanks!

10. Looks great!  It's clearly a sativa, so you should let her go for 10-12 weeks total, to get max results, at LEAST!   It's clearly not even close to being done, and the bulking period has yet to come (you'll see in the next few weeks).  Whoever said "not marketable,"  that's nonsense.   You are growing a sativa, which grows smaller buds, and less quantity than a typical indica,  but that's due to genetics, it has nothing to do with your skills as a grower.   If you let it go for a good 12 weeks (flush during the last two) you'll be rewarded nicely!!

Not everyone has the patience to grow a nice sativa, and since they don't yield like an indica, they aren't typically suited for commercial crops.   They are suited for purveyors of killer weed, connoisseurs, so let her flower for at least 3 months, if you want to reap the rewards. 

A true sativa will reward you with class and quality, rather than quantity.  I love a good sativa.  LOVE IT!

Good for you keep up the great job. 

11. #12 TiPWiLL, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    Hell yea, if u start a veg now youll be able to have some for when you run out too. Nice looking plant.
    I love sativas... Once i get my 1st harvest if its enough to last me a while my next grow would be only sativa bt if not maybe half and half. Im not that patient. U r too far in to fukk it up with an early harvest so please be patient. I want a high report when its done!!! Keep it up!

A blunt a day keeps the doctors away!

12. Thanks for the kind words guys! I'm being patient as possible but it's so hard haha, but I'll wait it out. I've been foliar feeding a couple times a week with seaweed and that's seemed to help keep a tight internode space, it seems once it fattens up completely, they'll be long buds, running down the stem 5-6 inches. Not sure if you guys were aware this is a hybrid strain from cbd crew called medi haze. It's 80 sativa 20 Indica 4-5% thc, and 10% cbd.

13. I'm using it for anxiety btw.

14. Aren't we all...

15. A zip is an ounce

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. I know you bitchez be jealous.

16. Hi Rades1,

Foliar feeding is okay early in the process, but I wouldn't recommend to continue feeding that way once the flowers are developed.  You don't want any residue to get stuck in the folds of the leaves - stuff that won't flush out.  Also, in flower, your plants are most susceptible to getting moldy with extra humidity due to all the extra surface area of the flowers.  So you want to keep it pretty dry in there (45-50% RH).  If you're feeding the plants a complete nutrient, there shouldn't be any reason to foliar feed.   Foliar feeding is great for plants that aren't getting the nutrition they need from the root system (like in emergencies). 

Cheers,
    Past

17. Great advice!

18. English man! do you speak it!?!

Anyway I would say with an HID setup, you could expect around 3 oz off her but with cfl and halogen, I'd say more like 1 oz

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum