Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

cannabis College Waste Of Money/time?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ThatWeedGuy710, Sep 15, 2014.

1. only thing ive ever gotten from mexico is some "brick weed" may be cheap but id rather pay more for some fire, not hating just sharing experiences

2. I'd hire you in a heartbeat. Give you free bud so you don't rip me off. But i think that most dispensaries want to hire the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders for budtendresses. I say what about the lady patients? Shouldn't we have chippendale dancers for them as budtenders?

3. #23 ThatWeedGuy710, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    i have never heard someone say oh i love me some weed from mexico... im sure theres some good growers in mexico...like maybe the cartel.. lmao, but the best shit ive smoke was grown here..in MURICA!! 

4. Believe me they can grow VERY powerful weed, very cheaply.   It will come back, if legalized.  In fact, it's starting to come back already, and they haven't even legalized it yet. 

Here's a post from not long ago, about how good Mexican is coming back for 150 an ounce. 

http://forum.grasscity.com/real-life-stories/1295219-new-connect.html#entry19824463

5. that is so true! they hire people who can careless about marijuana or the patients all they care about is free meds (most shops ive seen allow there employees to take free meds which im sure is limited) most ads i see for job openings at a dispensary advertise that they are looking for FEMALE BUDTENDERS...but isnt that ilegal to only hire or advertise to hire only one sex?

6. Your experience is just that, but I'm simply stating the simple fact that as long as there's countries with tropical climates, marijuana can be grown and exported here at a fraction of the price of domestic.  

7. They can hire who they want. Unless it's like wal mart or something. Then , they have to obey the law and hire all races, both sexes and all ages between 18-60.

8. i get my weed cheaper then that or about the same...so i dont know what your trying to say? how are they gonna take over when they sell for same price?? haha past two days i picked up some dank ass bud for $15 an 1/8th i only go to one shop because they sell the best shit around where im at and they have the best bud for the best prices, im not to worried about mexico taking over anything...IMO

9. Thank you for clearing that up for me! i guess i need to do more research on how dispensaries are ran, so i can understand them more

10. I dont think the weed "College" certificate would be worth a shit. More like an admission that the person dont know shit to start with.

Take the $200 and buy a 1,000 watt grow light. Pull out some killer green homegrown as a resume. Real proof you know something.

11. #31 garrison68, Sep 16, 2014
    I only posted that link to show that good weed is coming in from Mexico, and that it's not all "dirt" weed like some people think.  It's still highly illegal in Mexico, not to mention the cost of smuggling it in.  Once those barriers are out of the way, the prices will drop.  I mean, even around here, on the East Coast, most of the laborers are Mexican - because they work cheap.  Combine that with practically zero overhead in Mexico to grow weed, and it's a certainty that they'll undercut our prices by a landslide. 

12. haha very well said! and good advice! i would love to start a grow, ive been wanting to for a long time now, but i live in an apartment so ive held back due to inspections every so often, but my lease is up soon and ive been looking to move into a house, but we will see in a few months..

13. i get that they work cheap and mass production and everything...but thats not gonna produce better quality weed, what gonna produce better quality weed is someone growing it who actually cares about the plant itself, but yea im sure they can produce more, but if its grown in open outdoors and not in greenhouse, isnt it very easy to get bugs n shit? (correct me if im wrong) and wont medical dispensarys turn down bud with mold/mites or any of that? (i know alot dont actually test their shit but they should for this reason)

House with a fenced yard so the big dogs can keep an eye on stuff. :D Out of town is even better, grow some big ass plants.

As far as making money.. A better job to have would be to own a taco truck. Everyone loves to eat.

15. yea if i do start to grow it will be small scale and most likely for personal use, but job wise, i would love to end up in a medical dispensary, and then maybe work my way up inside that one dispensary or one day have my own collective

would love for MMJ to reach my home state of Ohio, then move back home and be one of the first in the industry for ohio...lol
    one day my dream will come true

16. #36 garrison68, Sep 16, 2014
    There may be a bit of a market for domestic "medical" weed in the future, but Mexican weed grown outdoors is very, very smokable.  They will have high quality control.  I smoked a lot of imported weed, mostly from Columbia, and imported hash, in my youth, and I'm still alive.    :hello:
    There's something missing from today's weed - it's the "happy" feeling that you get from outdoor grown stuff.  Just look at old footage of Woodstock and rock concerts - all of their weed was imported, mostly from Mexico.  The quality of the Mexican went down after the government started spraying it with the defoliant "paraquat", and seizing shipments at the borders.   It was replaced with Jamaican, and then Colombian, and eventually domestic.  

Weed is legal here in Washington state and its changed the dynamic of it all. Pot stores charging crazy prices, Medical shops will buy low and sell high. Every dipshit thinks they can grow but  are producing low quality bug farms and moldy shit.

It has made the whole experience of the cannabis culture kind of cheap and dirty. The quality is still with the people who knew what they were doing and looking at before it was legal.

Dumbasses are making BHO and blowing the walls off their hose.  Local government tries to micro manage the whole sales and cultivation land zoning.

Its a big fucking clusterfuck but the good part is you wont go to jail for a little weed!

18. oh yea ill smoke the shit too haha, dont get me wrong, ill smoke shit from anywhere i just dont think the BEST quality is gonna come from mexico, but i have many years ahead of me and that leaves plenty of time to learn or be proven wrong haha

19. i hear you man, people in it for the moeny not the plant they try n grow n sell anything. im still young and have alot to learn but i want to make sure i do everything right, i dont want to take shortcuts, if i keep workin at it ill get it, just dont know when haha

20. The "best" is subjective.  I know one thing, if genuine Thai Stick from Thailand was available today, on the black market, there would be people with money who would pay a thousand an ounce - no question.