How Long Must We Wait For A Good Star Wars Game

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by misterwolf999, Sep 14, 2014.

1. I have high hopes for the new Battlefront. However, I've learned over the years to never board the hype train.

So while I am excited, I won't be too upset if the final product is shit.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Since Dice owns Battlefront now, I'm scared its going to be a shitty Battlefield type game

Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I really don't think Battlefield is shitty quality. Its never been a game for me, but I wouldn't call it shitty.

At least it's not going to be a CoD quality game. That would be two steps below shitty.

4. What I meant to say was generic trash with the battlefront label slapped onto it.

5. Ah, I got ya now. Like a reskinned BF. Yeah, that'd be some major bullshit. I really hope they make it stand out.

6. IMO Jedi Outcast was the best of the vintage Star Wars games, especially the online play.

SW:TOR isn't too bad either, but I lost interest pretty quickly when BioWare fucked up PvP so epically. PvP in a Star Wars universe has so much potential...unfortunately it was wasted on "Hut Ball", bad mechanics, and a dev team that didn't understand you cannot have characters performing 5-second animations in PvP. Jedi are supposed to be the most powerful, but in SW:TOR they were mostly a joke because by the time they finished one of their fancy, mandatory melee animations, the opponent is 20 feet away and pumping rounds into you.

7. I don't mind battlefront 1 on PC, its alright on instant action with some custom maps to waste half an hour or so.

8. Somebody needs to make a new Star Wars: Bounty Hunter.

I was 10 when Battlefront 2 came out. I thought when I played it again years later it would've lost it's epicness, but nope, it holds up pretty well for a 2005 game. A Battlefront with modern graphics/engine would be just...I don't even :laughing: