Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

High Tolerance Edible Help Asap

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by toleranxetoohixh, Sep 14, 2014.

1. I am dying to try edibles. I mean I've tried space cake in Jamaica and had a cookie before. Even made firecrackers. All ineffective.

Might I add that my tolerance is completely fckd. I smoke at least 3x a day, but usually 5-6. And I'm never really stoned, maybe for about 5 minutes.

I get pretty good shit in my area but maybe it isn't good enough?

But I've heard when it comes to edibles it doesn't matter.

So finally my question: if I'm trying to make herbal tea but have a high tolerance, about how much is recommended to feel good but not noided?

Any and every response counts!

2. The same thing happened to me, I was going through Half-O's every week and when it came time to try firecrackers. I made 5. 3 for me and 2 for my friend (because I had already tried firecrackers unsuccessfully.) I barely felt a thing while she was high for 48 hours straight, so I chalked it up to tolerance. Before you waste anymore weed trying to make edibles, try taking a 1-2 week T-break and try firecrackers again.

3. Do you have a vaporizer?? If you do save your avb (already vaped bud) me and a buddy made brownies with 14 grams of avb and it was the most high I've ever been. I've had canna butter brownies and this was far better and all you have to do is add it straight into a box of brownie mix that you buy from the store

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. This is happening to me now....could you tell me what a T-break is? Thanks!  :gc_rocks:

5. Yeah a T-break or a Tolerance break is just abstaining from weed for a set amount of time so that you can reset your tolerance. You can feel the effects after as little as two days but typically if you want to do a full reset 2 weeks is your best option. After that bro, it's good to just either decrease your intake per session or the frequency of smoking or both in order to keep your tolerance at a good level.

6. Thanks!!! I have been building tolerance so guess I will back off the edibles and smoke for a while...don't normally, but I need a break I guess! Thanks for the help! It's all so new, but getting there!  :smoke:

7. Ive heard of this...but one question. 

Whats your ABV look like? I just ask, cuz im not sure if I'll be able to do it with my ABV since I cook it as much as possible leaving brown coffee ground like ABV. Do you think itll work with such spent ABV like I have?

8. Yeah it's good to take a break every once in a while

9. mine was fairly dark I'm sure it would work I think it's worth a try either way considering the weed got you high already in the past

10. This sounds just like me. I've sadly rarely taken a day off but maybe it's time. I always say it's gotta be the weed or something but everyone around me gets light on whatever I have. I hate the idea of a break but I guess if it's doing nothing right now as is.....

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. #12 Quantary, Nov 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2014
    Super potent coconut cannabis capsules.

There are some things you can try to maximize the effectiveness of eating marijuana.  I smoke maybe a couple times per month, but I use edibles daily to treat a nightime seizure disorder.    So I've been able to maintain the same daily usage of approximately 15 - 25 mg per day.   I consider a standard dose to be 17.5 mg of THC.  For comparison, this is equivalent to one quarter of a 70 mg Cheeba Chew.  

The preparation of the cannabis is critical as it is based on creating as much surface area by fine grinding, and decarboxylation.  Start by completely de-stemming 1/4 oz or 7 grams of mid to high grade bud.  Put this in a small non-stick pan in the oven. 

Decarb serves dual purposes of drying out the bud and converting THCA into THC.   The range of time and temperatures to use as a guide is as follows: 220 F for 1 hr, 250 F - 25 min, 275 - 15 min.   Somewhere along that scale should be a complete decarb, without overdoing it.  Properly decarbed bud takes on a toasted appearance, it should be a very light brown and no darker.

Step two requires a coffee grinder.   It works well I've found to add a 1/2 to one teaspoon of flour or sugar to the grinder and turn it on for a few seconds.  This coating will insure that no THC laden resin sticks to the blades or bowl.   Then add the 7 grams of herb and grind it until it is reduced to a very fine grey green powder.  

In a small saucepan on low to medium low heat (225-250F) add about 2 teaspoons of coconut oil and let it warm up.  When you add the powder, it should cause the oil to sizzle, but be sure to stir frequently to prevent burning.  The mixture should start to firm up  to about the consistency of cookie dough.  You can always add more oil or flour.   

Remove pan from heat after all the powder has been added and let cool for several minutes.  The last batch I made, I filled 40 capsules of the cannabis/flour/coconut oil mixture from 7 grams of bud.  That equals .175 g of flower or approximately 17.5 mg of THC (Based on a conservative estimate of 10% by weight of THC per gram)   

A newbie to edibles should start with 1/2 capsule.   Eating meat, dairy or high fat meals the same day before taking edibles can slow down the time to onset to up to 3 even more hours.  An identical dose can be intense or conversely too subtle for the same person on different days.

That's the biggest thing to remember about edibles, your diet and what's in your stomach has a lot to do with how much and how fast THC and other cannabinoids hit you.   Same thing with being sleepy or physically worn out.  

Remember that you never want to trust someone you don't know who brought brownies to a party.  There could be ounces of bud in a tray of 24 brownies, and there's no way you are going to eat that much and not have to live through an 8 hour ordeal of being so high you have accepted the fact that your heart is going to explode and you'll become the next medical marijuana statistic!

Dispensary edibles have been found to have portioning problems.  A lot of times there is less THC per dose than the label says.  For a $50 quarter ounce of medical marijuana, or home grown which is a few dollars per gram, you can make 40 potent coconut oil capsules, each one being about 4-6 hours of medium level medication.  

• Like Like x 1
  12. Take a t-break for 2-3 weeks and it will work for sure. Just takes patience.

13. unforutnaly high tolerance ruins the fun for everything anyone saying edibles it doesn't matter probably still buys dime bags and calls them self a stoner...

I eated edibles the first time and had 14g of avb in them and I don't go crazy with my vape so theres always a ton of green left in mine so I cant say its garbage lol

and ya I ate all them cookies and only had what felt like a slight body buzz for a good 2 hours

now I forgot what there called but my buddy brought some back from cali when he drove out for some family things so im sure someone can name what it was or what they are but it was some sort of candy infused type thing and it was only the size of lets say the end part of ur thumb maybe the pinky since it wasn't that thick but the thing was suppose to be cut into like 10 pieces or something as one little slice was suppose to be a serving for your average person and I ate the whole thing and that really kicked me into gear and gave me the real edible buzz I was looking for

id recc getting something from a dispensary or something as things like space cakes and things are made for turoists and things and usually only pack a good enough hit to get to someone who never does any sort of buzz type things and ya you want something made by stoners for stoners lol not some homemade ghetto made oil

half the time people do it wrong and overheat things and ruin any chance anyways so its always best to buy these type of things from the proffesionals lol

14. I posted earlier on your comment, but thought of something that I have to do myself! I build a tolerance very, very quickly, against any medication. With the edibles, I usually make caps. The trick that works for me is to find 2 or 3 strains that work very well for you...my 'trick' is to alternate what I use, EVERY DAY! I've noticed, since I started doing this, the tolerance doesn't build up too quickly....I've been able to maintain the awesome benefits of edibles by doing it this way! i get good results, every time! I really hope this helps you. I know how horrible it is to build up a tolerance...find a med that works and a few days later...nada. This works extremely well for me, and I hope it helps you as well. Let me know if it helps you!!! I'll be interested to hear! It's the only way (currently) that I am able to prevent tolerance buildup. Some of us have to use some type of medible every day, so sometimes taking a break isn't very appealing, plus all of the valuable ground you have gained is lost....plus the ensuing suffering.....give it a try! Worth a shot!    :gc_rocks:

• Like Like x 1
  15. You gotta make sure you're cooking it right! By the time I made my first edibles I was totally unexperienced and didn't know a lot of things you got to considerate if you are looking for a good high. By that time my only mean of MJ consumption was by smoking it and my tolerance was up in the sky after smoking daily for 4-5 years so I wanted to give edibles a shot by making them myself in order to get a better high. I missed a lot of steps you have to do, for example, if you intend to have the maximum THC yield on your edible first you gotta transform the inactive THCa of the plant to the psychoactive THC. You accomplish thus by decarboxylating THCa. How'd you do this?And why is this process not necessary when smoking it? I'M going to start by writing that raw, uncured, freshly cut MJ buds are not psychoactive because all of their THC accounts for non psychoactive THCa. When the buds dry and then when they are cured the decarboxylation process occurs naturally but slowly. When you light up a joint the inactive THCa is transformed into THC by a heat dependant decarboxylation process. The best way I've found to decarboxylate your weed prior to eating it is by boiling it on sealed bags (so water won't go inside) and this is a pretty effective way to succeed. You see, liquid water temperature will never rise from 100°C no matter how much heat you apply (at a constant normal atmospheric pressure). Evaporation occurs when hidrogen bonds begin to destabilize because of the high temperatures. So when you submerge your weed in boiling water you know temperature will never rise above 100°C, this is a pretty good advantage over the oven method. For an effective decarboxylation submerge finely ground weed on boiling water for an hour an twenty minutes. Believe me if you've never tried edibles and you cook it right you're going to have a really strong high mostly because eaten THC is slowly metabolized in the liver and converted in stronger THC metabolite THC-COOH. When this happens after an hour or so of eating it, you get a constant THC supply into your nervous system for at least 4-6hours some new users report 8-12 of being high on edibles in comparison of the inmediate efemeral effect of smoking it (THC is not metabolized inmediatly to THC-COOH and binds to CB receptors for a shorter time. Conclusion prepare em right and you'll go up to the sky or just buy them...