Low Wattage Bulbs Replacement For Higher Wattage Bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Abe421, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Hello, I got a little setup indoors, in my basement. Just growing one plant.
    Now, I have one CFL bulb that's a 13watt replacement for a 60 watt bulb.
    So what does this mean? Does it mean my bulb is 13watts, or 60watts?
    And how much wattage should I use for one plant?

Thank you

2. It means you have a 13 watt bulb (not enough)

3. Okay, what about 23 watt replacements for 100 watt equivalent CFL's? What does that mean?

4. It means it is 23 watts

5. Don't even read the equivalent part, its the lumen or par output you want to know. You need about 3500 lumens per sq/ft to successfully flower a plant.

6. Rumple, I see some people who have 100 watt equivalents and grow just fine.

THC, my bulbs have 1600 lumens each. So I have 3200 lumens right now. I'll just grab another socket and throw it over the plant to make it 4800 lumens

7. #7 CanadianOrganic, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    If you want to use like 50 watts go ahead, man. Take a picture when you yield a half quarter

You can grow with 100 watt equivalents. But they are 23 watts and you will need four of them per plant.

9. Aright, thanks for all your help guys. Definitely appreciate it and will make changes soon.

Now, I just got another question. I found a socket adapter from GE. You just screw this into any socket like a regular bulb, and screw in the bulb needed into that.

Here's the stats
    Switch/Lampholder: 250 watts max
    Receptacle: 660 Watts max

Now, could I screw this adapter into a 60 watt socket desk lamp and screw in a say, a 200 watt bulb into that?
    Would that work?