Questions About God.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by donewithweed, Sep 13, 2014.

1. But one is able to test the experiments and see the conclusions themselves. No faith needed.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

2. no, one is not able to test all scientific theories. science builds upon previous knowledge, in order to further that knowledge, one must accept on faith that the knowledge in place during your time on earth, is in fact correct. if every great mind convinced themselves they must start from scratch, we could never move forward. there is far too much knowledge in place for one to test in just a lifetime, it is theoretically testable. now thats not to be understated, but, again, science is a faith based enterprise. 

3. #23 Tokesmith, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    But I don't have faith that 2+2=4, I know that it will equal 4.

Faith is believing in something without knowing if it's true. Science is about finding out what is true, with the use empirical evidence. Not faith.

And who's to say great minds didn't start from scratch. An expert should know all about their subject. Without knowing the fundamentals, how can one fully understand the complexities.

"I'm to drunk, to taste this chicken" -Talladega nights

4. It isn't about us. It is all about God. We aren't even worthy to be the bacteria on a piece of nasty gum on the shoe of God yet He continually humbles Himself to have a relationship with us. He did this by entering the Temple and He did it through the life of Jesus Christ.

I can already hear the naysayers revving up thier anti-gun engines, liking thier lips to request proof of what I say and we could go around in circles for years since I have yet to hear a real argument that proves God does not exist. But what I want to point out is that when you take the time to understand the bible, you begin to realize the true perfection of God's humble and loving character.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #25 waktoo, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    Believe in Jesus if you will...

No contemporary historians wrote about him...

6. Christianity has so many holes that it's not even worth discussing.

7. It all comes down to your beliefs. Do you believe the Bible was written by men inspired by the word of God?

No.

Why do you?

9. I meant inspired by God*

10. Same difference...

11. Still on the "contemporary historian" argument? Do you know what contemporary means?

I do.  What definition of "contemporary historian" are you using?  The one where potential witnesses to facts and happenings can be born 80 years after the fact?

I'm talking about historians that lived IN the same area and AT the same time...

You should really look into the history behind the creation of the writings in the religious texts that you cling so desperately to.

Here are a few examples...

http://www.godlessgeeks.com/LINKS/1stC_Hist.htm

13. So is contemporary "historian" accurate then...or would it be contemporary writer? I know..semantics. The list I gave you has writers who were alive during the time of Christ, correct? Let me know and I can get more...but then again you would deny them as well right? So ultimately this conversation is dead. Nothing you could say would ever break my faith, experience and knowledge and apparently nothing I can say can sway you to truly and sincerely ask the question, so I choose to just say that I love you and I sincerely hope the best for you!

14. #34 waktoo, Oct 23, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014

I tell you what.  I will actually give that list that you provided a thorough going over.  It's only fair.  There is a huge difference between "historians" and "writers".

Love you too, bro.  Gods or no Gods...  :)

J', which thread is that list in?  LOL!

15. #35 waktoo, Oct 24, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2014

Hello?  Did you delete your post?  I can't seem to find it.

I'm truly interested in reading...