Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorados Fire Thread*pics Discussion

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Hashtag46n2, Sep 13, 2014.

1. Nice todderfran that training day is done of the most crystal covered bud I've seen in awhile I think "dabs" would be happy that you posted those beauties in his thread but yes dabs you are missed my friend hope all is well

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. I'm I looking at 100% amber trichomes?

3. ^ No not even 50%

4. [​IMG]

So I probably harvested this to soon or no in your opinion?

5. In my opinion you harvested at just the right time.  100% amber is virtually impossible.  The plant will always be producing new trichs to a point.  I like to harvest at basically all cloudy and very few if any amber.  I am not going for a couchlock stone though.  I also have a theory that if blasting for oil you want more cloudy than amber.  The theory is the wax membrane is not as thick thus you will get shatter more easily.  Just a theory.  then for bubble I want to get the trichomes when they are most uniform, round, and bulbous which will make it easier to separate heads from contaminant.  Just my theories though.  I think people get too caught up in trichome color when harvesting.  Many strains will never fully amber, and I think there are other variables at play.  Look at the plant as a whole.  Are the hairs receeding?   Are calyxes swollen?  Is she properly flushed out?  (Doesn't matter much for organic).  But looking fire man.  Whats the strain?

6. Thanks, what you're saying makes sense and I think I'm going to give bubble bags a try so thats a good tip. It's grape skunk from  the bank genetics. I harvested in Dec and smoked the first bowl of it today! 

7. Check out D_Urbmons tutorial on water hash.  His hash is on point.  Pretty sure there is a link in this thread not far back.  It is where I started and I may never go back to solvent extracts.

8. I have read that tutorial a couple times and I'm sure I'll read it couple more. 

9. Hello SirDabsAlot! Hope you're feeling better! Going to have to read through this thread when I get a chance if there's more info like this. Collie Mann of CG_Farms(IG) made a post about the cookie cut and people thinking they had the real cut just last week so this was interesting to read.

Thanks for the invite!

My dad lives in CA and I have been trying to get him a cut of that Cannatonic #6 in the valley that was tested at 16.77% CBD to 0.7% THC. Who has the AC/DC for sale here in the Springs if you don't mind me asking? You can get a free cut of R4 aka Charlotte's Web in Denver or the Springs next time they are available from a couple people.

I live in the Springs and was told to come see what my new neighbors are up to! I used to live in Denver almost 20 years ago and was very happy to move back to the area when the wife got recruited for a job here six months ago.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Jak

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

10. https://weedmaps.com/dispensaries/soco
    I called the dispensary and they dont cure the ac/dc. They just dry it for edible use so that kinda turned be off. Next time I'm up there I'll check out what it looks like. I did get some pennywise from a place closer to me which was claimed to be 11% cbd and 7%thc. I just came off a T Break and I'm liking it. 

11. Hello my fellow Blades :wave:

Wow, wow wow.... I'm almost in tears seeing all the love and concern for me

My apologies for going AWOL on everybody, as I know I had a couple Brothers here that genuinely care for my well-being, but seeing / reading all these posts, it seems I've made an impact on many of you.... I can't put into words how much that means to me...

Thank you guys so much.... so much love in here :wub:

Seriously, heart touching, and exactly how the cannabis community should be.

Long long story short...
    My wife and I made our dreams a reality by financing and obtaining a mortgage to buy our first home a year and a half ago.

My wife's Mother found herself without a place to stay about 7-8 months ago...

We kindly invited her to live with us rent free until she could get back on her feet... We have been nothing but cordial to her ..
    And we overheard this ungrateful woman talking mad shit about us on the phone.

So, tension has been extremely high, and I've grown extremely depressed...

We formally told her she needs to move out ASAP....

So, I come to realize my lack of motivation and depression was stemming from the bad karma coming from her...

Prior to her moving in...

I was making concentrates almost everyday of the week, Francy can attest to this.

Anyhoo, that's the skinny on my MIA...
    I hope she gets the fuck out of here as soon as possible... So I can return to a healthy state of mind.

end rant

Finally got the room going .. Which is unfortunately limited to my 5x5 tent until she leaves., due to her hogging up precious space.

Went out and bought a 400w MH ballast /bulb, so I can simply switch ballast and bulbs when it's time to flip to bloom.
    My hood/reflector accommodates 400/600/800/1000 watt ballasts/ bulbs....

When she gets out, I'll be adding another 400w MH, and running 2 1000w units for bloom....

Brb... Gotta TP a plant .

Thanks again Blades..

Much love.

12. I was very happy to see your avatar pop up in my notifications :) always worries me when folks go MIA. I can attest to how helpful and loving this community can be in rough times. I know that Jakalope can too. :gc_rocks: That is a hard situation to be in with anybody, especially family. Wishing you all the best, dabs :wave:

13. Just install the two 1000's in her room and run em' 24/7...she'll pack up and leave or go crazy and ya'll can have her committed. Either way problem solved.

Happy to see you back man, think I'll break out some Pakistani indica that's been jarred since fall of 13 and celebrate by falling asleep.

Peace brother

14. Yeah Dabs is back. :yay:   Good to see ya brother.  Glad you are okay. 

I can def attest to your past "mass" production of concentrates a few months back.  You used to post more stuff on RIU than anyone.  Their Hash picture thread has gone slow since you stopped posting there.  But anyhow, good to see you back in the community, and to hear the garden has made some progress.  Just planning to switch bulb and ballast is exactly what I used to do.  Just make sure that ballast is easy to access.  Like a momo  I had mine in the back of the room, not thinking, and it took like 2 times and had to re-arrange the whole room.  Worked great though, just flip flop between my 600 watt MH and 1000 watt HPS.  I have since gotten a switchable ballast that runs 400/600/1000 HPS/MH.

Hope you get the living situation squared away sooner than later for your well being.  That situation can cause some crazy stress.  I can totally understand the depression and shit from that.  I mean who wants to do anything but sit in one room to avoid that person at all costs.   Bummer.  I agree with carlsbarn, and set those 1000watts up in her room.  That would get her moving.

15. Hello Jackalope :wave:

Welcome to the thread my friend!! Great to have ya aboard. I think you'll find some interesting info in here and you are more than welcome to ask any questions you may have, and I'll do my best to answer or find an answer through my circle of friends.

I was trying to sort of keep my exact locale under my hat, but I've come to realize there is no reason to hide my town, I too am in the Springs area, probably right around the corner :D

If you are seeking some high CBD genetics, I may able to find ya something in the bean vault, or easily obtain from a myriad of damn fine breeders.

Thank you for the well wishes brotha.

Hope you stick around...

Finally heard word the evil poltergeist, AKA Mother-in-Law should be out in a week or so.
    So, that means, I'll be back in action..

Growing great genetics, and making concentrates, and posting pictures of Resin, Flowers and even some oil shots.
    **Although I do not indulge in BHO any longer, I still kind of have to make it for patients that prefer solvent extractions.

I get giant bags of caked nugs, process it and keep half.
    However, I'm going to start keeping half of the material, instead of half of the final product.

I've grown extremely tired of BHO, but I must admit...

I still kind of like making it.

Again; welcome... All the best,
    -dabs.

TJ!!!! Hello my friend :D.... So great to be a part of this wonderful community...

It makes me soooo very happy I made this thread, and unlike most threads on the forums always tend to create some sort of animosity..

This thread remains nothing but love... Truly an epic accomplishment, and I owe all the posters in here a great deal of gratitude.
    Hope all is well brother.

carisbarn!!! Doood, :laughing: I owe ya one.. ^^^^^ this post had me laughing so hard, my gut started hurting.. Lol

My current room is right next door to hers, and I should cut an 8" hole in the wall to blow my exhaust right into her face... Hehe
    I really should go ahead and hang them lights...haha, damn it that is funny.

I really love your karma man... Thanks for posting, and the kind sentiment.

Francy :hello: great to be back in somewhat better spirits, and you hit the nail on the head bro..

" mean who wants to do anything but sit in one room to avoid that person at all costs.   Bummer.  I agree with carlsbarn, and set those 1000watts up in her room

^^^^^^this, is the problem... When she is here, I can't function mentally, and it's even showing in my new grow, got a little nute burn, possibly some slight deficiencies .. Too early to really diagnose, but I know I can fix it, it's just going to take a little time.

"I can def attest to your past "mass" production of concentrates a few months back.  You used to post more stuff on RIU than anyone.  Their Hash picture thread has gone slow since you stopped posting there

Thanks for noticing my friend, I just recieved a few PMs and even a couple text messages saying my name has popped up there recently.

I just couldn't stand all the d1ck measuring, arguments over there anymore, that is not my idea of a Cannabis community

And,.... Uhhh I'm waaaayyyy backed up on material, lol... Once Im back in the right state of mind, I gotta lotta work to catch up on.

Haha, it's funny you mentioned the location of my ballasts... I almost made the same error, but figured it out today..
    I've got my brand new MH ballast and my digital/dimmable 1000w sitting 1 foot apart in a easily accessible portion of the room.

So, when I'm ready to flip to HPS, i simply switch bulbs and ballasts.

My other three ballasts are patiently awaiting reinstatement in storage with my other hoods /reflectors.

Here is a few older pics, where things were just getting strarted..
    This is currently my favorite hood for the 5x5 footprint I have available, I LOVE the 8".. So easy to cool...

[​IMG]

Here is the 2 Pipe Dreams from 303 genetics(Blue Dream x BioDiesel) - finished/ dried flower pics are the last strain posted.

The colas are HUGE, caked and rock hard.

[​IMG]

^^Smallest BD is lower right. (She is double the height currently.)

And here is my biggest most progressive plant so far ..Blue Dream#4

[​IMG]

Just transplanted her last night, into a new Organic Soil mix, and she took to it immediately.

Okay guys.. I gotta get up early and get to workin... I can no longer let this unwelcome person be a detriment to my love and lifestyle.

Much love to all my blades.
    :gc_rocks:

16. #656 I'm Ron Burgundy?, Mar 3, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2015
    Dabs, my friend glad to see you posting. :smoke: you're growing BD? You sly dog you. :cool: I can't wait to see it flower. I hope you're feeling a bit better brother.

17. I'm so jealous of that Pipe Dream. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5Wk-7-bLRM

18. Mr. Burgundy :hello: GREAT to hear from ya brotha. I miss posting my nug shots, I should be back at it soon.

I think my poltergeist will be extracted by the end of the week, ---> keeping my fingers crossed.

She has finally taken the hint, by my wife and I ignoring and avoiding her at all costs, so she has been leaving for the majority of the day for the last few days....

I can't believe how much she has crippled my mindset.

When she is gone, I'm very active, productive and so much happier.
    Her bad karma has ripped away all my happiness ....

I happen to be an EXTREME introvert, and my privacy is extremely important to me.

I've been ripping my hair out for the last 6 months or so, desperately trying to figure out why I had ZERO motivation.
    Now, it is all making sense.

I can't wait til she's gone, I'll be back to my old self.

And yes sir, I'm growing an AMAZING cut of Blue Dream.

It was from a pheno hunt seed run, testing 6 different beans.

All 6 were completely amazing, but the #4 pheno is fucking unreal.

I can't wait till she starts flowering as well :D

Awesome to see ya bro..

Brother Urb, always bringing the great vibes. You may be able to contact GP from 303 .... They are the producers of this awesome strain..
    She is the plant pictured with those MONSTER colas.

I kept a full oz for myself, that oz consists of just 3 big ass colas... Haha.
    She tastes like gummy Bears, and produces copious amounts of resin.

His grow was Organic Soil, but synthetic nutes ..

My grow is 99% Organic, maybe 100% (Synthetic PH down)
    But, I tried a new method of letting my water sit out to let the Chlorine evaporate naturally for 24 hours.

I use an aquarium pump to keep the water aerated, but I still have to add one drop of Ph Down to get my Ph to 6.4.

But this last time, I took a huge straw/tube and blew bubbles into it every once in a while ... Lol... Like blowing bubbles in chocolate milk.
    This was completely for experimental reasons, but I tested the water and it was a peerfect 6.4 without adding the acidic ph down.
    I was amazed, and my BD bush seemed to love it... Perhaps Im on to something ? :lol:

19. Dude that's a whole new level of gardening. The molecules from your breath is infusing with the water and when you water the plants they are literally drinking bits of your DNA.

Talk about being connected to your plants. :hello:

20. If your running full organic with amendments only you really don't need to ph the water.  One of the best parts about growing organic.  Of course you want to already have some Epsom salt in your soil.  And def leave the water out for chlorine to evaporate.  That shit will kill all your bennies which are most crucial in organic growing.