Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Colorados Fire Thread*pics Discussion

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by Hashtag46n2, Sep 13, 2014.

1. 12/10 as always. :smoking:

2. Thank you guys so very much! :)

Please feel free to rate the thread Blades, I'd love the feedback from those following.

And a Huge Thanks For those that have given me 5 stars!

Lighting was a bit difficult again today, I might set up a canopy or something, with a table and chair.

I've got some nice outdoor furniture, but it is super low to the ground. ..

So my crippled ass must kneel and and take my pics atop of the seat of a patio chair.

A 10 minute photo session reeks havoc on my back and joints.

Anyhow. .. sorry for the boring shit. . Let's see some pics!
    :cool:
    Getting low, only a few nugs left of....

Sour Amnesia :D
    [​IMG]

Again, ^^this nug is roughly 3/4 of a standard Bic lighter. ..

Tip
    [​IMG]

A bit darker than I'd like

[​IMG]

Better
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Plan on doing some Blue Dead Head OG tomorrow. She pretty purdy. ..

Thanks for stopping by Blades.
    :smoking:

3. #203 Brother Urb, Oct 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2014
    It's like the hash melt rating system.  They need to make it 6* now because your posts are next level compared to most 5*. :hello:

12/10 = 6/5

I rest my case. :smoking:

5. ^^^You da man brother Urb. :hello:

Evenin Blades!

Revisiting....
    The Truth :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Soooo Tasty.
    [​IMG]

Grabbed this jar as it was at the front of my safe, and my damn back is a killin me the last few days.

Blue Dead Head tomorrow.
    :bongin:

As always. .. Thank you for stoppin by!!!
    :smoke:

6. CAUTION!!! FRAGILE!!! HANDLE WITH CARE!!!

you can tell that herb was handled with utmost respect. :smoking:

7. ^^^^ :) Indeed. ..

After curing in large Mason Jars and the bulk of the harvest is uhhhh...."gone"

I keep my favorite nugs in the smallest Mason jar possible, to reduce dead space, reduce Oxygen levels, and to reduce jostling of the flowers.

One would be surprised at how many trichomes are lost from storage and transportation.

Even simply breaking off a chunk to smoke, if you are in the sun light, watch closely as you break the chunk off, you will literally see trichomes "poof" into the air, gone forever.

This is why I don't use a grinder, unless I'm rolling a bone.

Grinders rupture trichomes, and a good portion that do not rupture fall through the screen into the pollen catch.

To all the Canna-connoisseurs. ..

Compare a bowl of ground bud, to a bowl of gently broken up bud.

The bowl broken up by hand SHOULD expand in your lungs, and taste a level or 2 better.

Ok... enough talk; It is picture time :D

Blue Dead Head OG :bongin:

I'll have to edit in the genetics, but she is essentially a glorified Blue Dream.

Smells of mixed berries, surprisingly more of a Strawberry aroma with the distinct smell of Haze.

Perfect for day or night.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for viewing ladies and gentlemen!

Love from the Mountains,
    -dabs

8. #208 IIIQBIII, Oct 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014

I am going to test this right now.. lol  That is a great tip :hello:

Your pictures are superb as usual.  :smoke:

EDIT: Yeah there is a very noticeable difference.  The taste is what shook me the most.  I wasn't expecting that much of a difference in taste.

9. :eek:  :eek: :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  :eek:  Is all I can say :metal:  :metal:  :metal:  :metal:  :metal:  :metal:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  :hello:  

10. ^^^^ haha, Thanks my brother! !

So happy to have you along Francy, you too were one of the handful of "Rollers" that I actually cared for.

I love it here in the Grass, where I belong.

Only reason I left here was the revamp gave me a damn headache, but now it's my home again. :)

Much love GC! :cool:

Random jar today, Got dayum, there be fire in my"Personal Mystery Jar" :D

[​IMG]

^top. ..bottom. .>
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Damn it, was trying desperately to catch a bird's Eye View for this gut shot, but the damn bud refused to lay down properly

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Again; Thanks for stopping by!

*** Just a reminder, ...
    Tablet, PC, phablet Users, blow up the pics as much as you can, and explore the world of resin glands, it be fun :)...

App and Mobile users, flip the device to landscape mode(sideways)***

The pics do not pixelate, nor become blurry, just able to see the beauty of trichomes.

As soon as I have the spare cash, I'm going to purchase the Macro kit for the s5, it's about 50$, but should be well worth it.

My old HTC is just about on it's last leg.
    and it's Macro setting is pretty damn awesome ... would love to have Macro capabilities with the 16 MP vs 8MP.

Much love from the Mountains.
    -dabs

11. Hey dabs I have the s5 also I cannot figure out the camera what is the best way to photo trees

Sent from my SM-G900T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. #212 Hashtag46n2, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    I have the same issue my friend....

The current photos are taken with my old HTC, with a macro setting, for some fuckin reason, Samsung did not include a macro setting with the s5... All marketing IMO... you can buy a macro kit made by Samsung for the s5... It comes with an awesome lens, looking like a pro camera and the tripod, plus new software I believe.

But, as I said, my HTC is over 3 years old now, and it seems to getting closer and closer to it's death with each photo session...

What's the big ball buster here...

Samsung just released the new Note4... And of course...... It has the best macro cam, they have made yet!!

that really grinds my gears
    Hope this helps.

But... Use the ISO setting to adjust your white balance, works pretty good.

Also, I googled" tips on macro shots with the s5"

Learned about light diffusion, and creating a soft box to replicate natural light.
    Can provide links if you like my friend.
    :)

13. #213 BOXcarRACER, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    Drooling all over myself here. Amazing work and thank you for posting Sir!

14. Hell yeah!!! ... Now, I know you have a great pallet for terpene profiles.

I think a majority of the seasoned smokers will notice the difference, where as one somewhat new to smoking may not be able to pick up the subtle undertones.

Again, Terpenes modulate (enhance) the effects of the cannabinoids creating a more enjoyable/ rounded high.

Thanks for trying IIIQBIII & reporting back!
    Cheers my friend.

15. #215 I'm Ron Burgundy?, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2014
    I have a question for you Dabs.  I always thought for vaporization grinding the buds is most efficient because there is more surface area. Honestly I don't like using the grinder but have exclusively for the past year. Grinding helped quite a bit when i was still combusting...as far as even smooth hits.
    I would rather go back to breaking it up with my fingers but feel I will lose potency that way.  Can you shed some light on this? 

Ok I just broke up the bud by hand and vaping now...the first hit did taste more robust.  I guess I;ll have to wait to see if the effects are the same. 

16. My pleasure to help my friend...

Indeed, it is more effective to grind your herb when utilizing a vaporizer, for the exact reason you stated, to expose more surface area...

My suggestion for vape users...
    Go ahead and grind, but do not use the pollen catch, doing this, will keep the trichomes with the material to be vaped... Instead of falling into the kief chamber.

As odd as this may sound, I suggest getting a cheap wooden grinder, that doesn't have a pollen catch.

These grinders do minimal damage to the material and the glands are not lost.

Only drawback is no kief collecting, but the taste, and effect makes up for it IMO/E.

For your "topper" needs, ask your provider for some hash, or kief, ...

Usually, kief costs about 10-15$ a gram in dispensaries (Colorado anyhow)..

When I did frequent dispensaries .... I would go to shops that would offer a free gram of hash with a purchase of x amount of flower.
    Hope this of some help my friend.

17. Incredible thread, glad i stopped by. Thanks for letting me know :smoke:

That Blue Dead Head OG looks RIGHT up my alley : :smoking:  

Keep up the excellent thread brotha. Will be stopping by a lot more!

18. I'd like to hop in this discussion as someone who vapes often when not dabbing.

I use the silver surfer vape and I find when I grind or bust my herb too finely it causes lack of air flow and makes the herb more prone to combustion.  Any of you guys find similar experiences?  Any way around this?

19. Thanks, that is a big help.  I've been pondering this for a while, seeing all my buds being pulverized but at least catching the kief.  I was thinking of investing in a nice sharpstone titanium grinder ,but I may take your suggestion and find a wood one with no catcher.  I never liked seeing my beautiful buds masticated in the teeth of the grinder.  :eek:

I don't have a need to collect kief anyway, like you said I can always get hash/kief at the collectives.  Looks like you saved me some money my friend thanks!  haha, I will find a wooden one at a head shop and report back...should be easy to find here.
    I appreciate your feedback!  I'm just constantly looking for that perfect vaping experience.  Groovy.   :bongin:  :smoke: 

Ive definitely found this to happen as well. I feel like there is a good medium, not to finely ground but not hand broken chunks either. When i grind to vape i usually just do a turn or two on the grinder then open up the top and dump it into the second compartment. If you're getting a lack of airflow one thing i would recommend is taking the screen out of your wand and torching it clean. Should fix that problem right away 
    :smoke: