Ask A Correctional Officer Anything

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by moabfighter, Sep 12, 2014.

1. #21 moabfighter, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    Craziest shit I've seen was Tuesday a Crip was chasing some old head around the unit with an Icepick looking shank. @[member="fancypantsdawg"]

Smoking is prohibited. But, you gotta pick your battles. I personally, am not gonna write someone up for doing something that doesn't harm anyone but that inmate. As long as it isn't up in my face, I don't mind. I've yet to encounter weed, but same as above pretty much. Don't be stinking the whole unit up, and it's whatever. @[member="WeTrippy"]

My weigjt doesnt concern me. Doesn't matter how big you are. If inmates want to kill you, they're going to kill you. Being scared or afraid isn't going to change anything. It is what it is @ ?n0way

Not a lot are dirty. Some are, don't get me wrong. An innate doesn't need a CO to bring shit in though. Trust me. They just try to get us to to see if we will. A cheap Verizon flip phone goes for a grand if the CO brings it in. But not worth catching a charge @[member="storminator"]

@[member="Bill Dauterive"] yes, we are tested ALOT. Can't smoke.

2. Congrats on the job moabfighter :smoke:

I worked as a guard at a state prison in TN for awhile. Not the worst job around, but it wasn't for me.

3. Are the inmates friendly to you?
    How are the hours?

4. I work at a state prison in TN... Lol small world.

5. #25 DDP, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    How you deal with being part of the "blue wave" I saw some prick guard start giving a guy (haven't even seen a judge yet) shit. The guy didn't know how to reply, guards grabbed him, beat the shit out him for no reason other than to intimidate the rest of the inmates, then slammed the door on his head and killed him. When I was younger I applied for Los Angeles County Sheriffs but washed out due to bad knees. After being on the "other side" for one night, I'm glad I didn't become a sheriff.

Edit: not hating on you, bud sadly due to many run ins with cops (all but once I was doing the right thing...actually I ALWAYS was doing the right thing, once a pissed ex called the cops and said I pointed a gun at her which was a TOTAL lie) I have lost ALMOST ALL respect for cops. Yeah I know it's a shit job and you have to deal with the worst of society day in and day out... But I think law enforcement need to have rolling job reassignment periodically so they don't become jaded.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1316222-4x4-led-wild-thai-seed-second-grow.html#entry20304616

6. I'm not that way, and will talk shit about the guards that are that way. These guys killed people, raped people, yeah, they're horrible people. But theyre spending a lonnnnggg time locked up. That's their punishment. They don't deserve to be treated like shit by us just because we have a badge. Now, a lot of people will say the "good" officers are the dicks, but I dunno, that's just not me. I crack jokes and am friendly. I don't let any shady shit happen to my knowledge, I don't get walked all over, but I'm very polite and nice to these guys.

7. My arresting officer was cool. He said because of the laws with domestic violence I HAD to be arrested. There were no charges, I never even saw a judge. But the guards down at county were BAD. Pretty funny watching them flirt with the sexy cross dressers and give them extra food. As for me I'm 6'4" 250lbs and was given size medium clothes WTH?! Amazing to see guys pull pills out of the binding of their bibles, smash it with the bible then snort it waiting to see a judge hahaha idiots.

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1316222-4x4-led-wild-thai-seed-second-grow.html#entry20304616

8. Good luck to you, OP....not a job I would want....being locked in with a bunch of people that hate me and not being able to smoke and have my own life on my free time? Fuck that....... :hide:

9. If that's you in the photo, maybe you should change your avitar?

10. Ehhh. State job. State benefits. Paid vacation. Best pay in a 45 mile radius. Its not so bad. I was smoking my life away and taking one step forward, two steps back. I think quitting smoking has really helped me "grow up" so to speak.

11. Yeah I was kind of thinking... They have people that like check our facebooks out and shit... Internal Affairs.... Would it be easy to locate me on grasscity?

Who knows, right?  I'd change it if it was me.  Could be a visitor or something erratic like that.

13. I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult... I'd just change my avatar to something that wasn't any indication of me just to be safe, ya know?

14. So how do we know you're not bullshitting us? :laughing:

Just so you know, if you're being truthful, there's an 80% chance you're going to be doing cavity searches in the future.

Enjoy the anuses.

15. I do strip searches. But legally we can't touch the inmates, or the visitors, when searching.

16. #36 Infinite Experience, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2014
    Much respect man, there have actually been experiments done at Stanford University where they took students and made 2 of them guards and 2 of them prisoners, almost immediately the guards started embarrassing and harassing the prisoners, pretty shocking stuff.

17. Bad career move if youre other comment is anything to go by

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Are the rumors about butt fucking true?

19. Rape, or butt fucking? I mean, there's plenty of gay inmates. But prison rape really NEVER happens.

20. Is the food really that bad in there?  And is your prison a big notorious state prison or just a small population?