Using Crystal

Discussion in 'DIY and Homemade' started by Deleted member 638051, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Anyone ever worked with crystal?
    Is it similar to glass?
    Is it safe to smoke out of?

2. It is very hard to work with but it's similar to glass as far as safety

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411944233.140516.jpg

stay off the crystal

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 4
  4. Make sure it's not
    Lead crystal that's
    Toxic

5. Yes. If u put around a 1/8 in the bottom of. A fag outer box rapper and fold air tight and rap it in news paper around 5 layers will do. Pe heat a oven at 200f gas5/6 take your rap sole the paper with hot kettle water and place in the oven for 10 mins MAXIMUM take it out roll the pack hard then leave to cool then enjoy... Dutch smell in the air..😄

6. How can I tell if it's got lead?

7. Are you making a piece with crystal? If so pictures upon completion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. My wife has a collection of crystal doo-dads she used to sell years ago, in storage still in boxes. She says all crystal has led.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I'm still not scared/convinced. People buy plastic smoking devices over the counter all the time, when I smoked a tobacco pipe the mouth piece was always made from plastic. My pocket vaporizer is made from plastic. Yet, many here rant about smoke coming in contact with plastic on the way up.
    This crystal is all kinds of drinking and shot glasses, coffee cups, serving dishes, wine decanters, vases, etc.
    We have some pieces that we have used regularly for years now, to keep things warm in the oven, serve piping hot beverages, and so on.

If I did decide to make something out of crystal, I would be using a glass down tube w/rubber grommet, and glass bowl purchased from the local smoke shop.

10. By crystal do you mean the type of glass or the stone/mineral formations?

11. If you want to risk your health feel free. I suffer a lung disease i got from gardening, wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, not that i have any.

If youre not a fan of oxgen tanks, dont justify stupid behavior, because it will lead you there

A diamond bit set off amazon for less than 5 bucks can turn any glass piece into a bong. A1 bottles are the nicest bubblers besides red wine vinegar bottles imo.

Search the forums or google for "pokesmot247 diamond bit" if you need guidance.

No lead in regular glass either.

~poke

12. I risked my health when I decided to smoke pot.

I've decided not to mess with the crystal because glass is thicker, cheaper, easier to work with.