First Grow Lst

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by budz_bunny, Sep 12, 2014.

1. I've taken some bag seeds that were pretty much out of dirt weed and turned dank ass bud. What I have now is twice as strong as it was two seasons ago. Mainly from little tricks and fooling with lights and like I said nutes are huge. To help fatten your flowers in the flowering stage about half to three quarters of the way through tie your tops up to help suspend them and remove some of the weight stress from the plant this helps greatly. Also pruning and trimming over growth and clutter. I lollipop and always keep my lower stalk before my first top clear of all lower growth this pushes energy and focuses on top colas and buds. Usually after or towards the end of my flowering stretch I will pull my tops over to boost buds beneath the actual colas which in turn in sense become tops as well. These buds can triple in weight. Of course you would not need to suspend these as they will grow tight to stalk. All in all one plan when properly cared for. Can produce nice yields with great flower quality and an amazing pallet. Funny as it may seem. If you notice an slowed growth. I do it regularly. Talk to your plants. Play music and touch your plant. It actually does make a diffrence happy plant will eventually make you a very happy grower.

2. If it turns out hermie will it make a difference if I cut most or all the pollen sacks off or would it just be a waste of time

3. If you cut them in time. You might be able to get some female branches and buds. But I've had hermies screw me all the way to the colla

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. #44 budz_bunny, Sep 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2014
    Well I tied her down last night went and checked tonight an it grew straight up to the light I'm pretty sure a whole fan leaf got burnt bad I'm really upset about this it is crispity crunchity on at least 4 leaves on that stem there will be pics tonight but would it be bad to remove the burned leaves

Edit I keep kicking myself in the ass over this I think I should chop the burnt ass leaves off but I will wait for feedback once I show you guys pics pretty heart breaking

5. This is what she looks like tonight tucked the damaged leaves under and watered with 1/2 strength grow big hope im doing this right
    20140921_025041.jpg
    20140921_025109.jpg

6. Yeah cut them bad leaves off at the base of the stem, they are dead and just gonna steal energy from your plant

7. Those are mine right now

Attached Files:

8. Damn those are lookin nice I got impatient and flipped to 12/12 already. today was the first 12 dark period but if I go back on it can't I just sex em n go back to 18/6 if I decide against it

9. Just an up date thread kinda slowed down but ill post anyway. I did have like a mutant top thing and looked and at the node the main just turned into one fan leaf I just cut the fan leaf off and I got 2 tops on one main stem it just confused me cuz I did no topping

But I think she (Hopefully) is filling out nicely benn in 12/12 for 5 days I think. I watered with 1/2 strength grow big again even tho it was a just water watering it was a few days ago and still doing fine. Do I keep using veg nutrients till I see sex or preflowers or next feeding I wanted to do one full strength feeding before I switched but don't know.

As always any tips advice or input is always appreciated thanks

20140926_041744.jpg

20140926_041752.jpg
    Sorry they are side ways couldn't figurevout how to rotate

10. Have you ever ran a real led grow light? Iv ran both and at the same time in different rooms and also a hid lights in a different room. They dont even compare.
    Cheep lights have cheep components and cheep leds usually 1 watt. And there never full spectrum. My led grow light is I beleave 11 spectrums + uv. With my 200 watt led grow light in a 2x3x3 tent. My exaust is only a 6" duct booster and temps never run hotter then 3 degrees over outside temps.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. No I've always had land to grow on, this is actually my first indoor grow. I've helped friends grow indoors and I have my masters in botany. But I am aware of the substantial difference between actual grow lights , led vs cfls vs hid , personally I like to grow my own way. I prefer to use a mixture of all of them actually. My ideal setup is a dwc, with a hps up top with 4 led light bars lining the corners and whenever I make my scrog I like to line the pvc tube with cfl bulds to help give specific attention to the leaves under the fans. Sadly I lost my job and my gf stole all of my stuff so I'm currently starting over. Right now I'm running cfls only. I just got a job again last week and I'm waiting to start sinking my paychecks into the startup costs again.

But here's what I got growing .

Attached Files:

12. Now I wasent trying to be rude by any means. There is no set rules to go by. Some things work better then others. You can now get hid lamps and carbon filters at home depot. Mind you there not tryed and tested. And im sure they will work. I have seen outstanding results under cfls in a computer tower. But we all have a preference. I personally love growing under hid's in a cool tube as close as I can. Then again I dont have room for a nice whole room setup but we work with what we can. Good job man keep it up. Welcome to the world of indoors

13. When I get home tonight ill get you a few pics of my dp 90 tent with the ds200 led in it. Now there not comparable to the hid buds I have but they will be great for some honey oil

14. No offense taken man. I appreciate all input and love discussing other methods to try as i work my way up the ranks

15. No prob. Just dident want to come off the wrong way

16. Hey guys just a quick question she has been in 12/12 for a week and I'm not sein anything yet no balls no pistols how long should it take before I see something

17. So, heres my question as this has always been a problem for me when growing as i usually grow feminixed only. But i am currently showing what i believe to be pre flowering pistils but they kinda look like pre sprouted leaves , they arent balled up they are pistil like hairs but im just wondering if anyone else notices this. And yeah , transpkanted my big boy into a 3 gallon. And everyrhing went fine. My roots are super strong. Just lookin at advice on lighting. Ive honestly kept what i call a unnatural light cycle.
    Ranging from 24/7 to 18/6 but with no definate pattern. So im about to go into a stale 12/12 now that im showing preflowers.