First Grow Lst

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by budz_bunny, Sep 12, 2014.

1. This is my first grow I was wondering if I could lst yet I want to do either side pull or center pull any advice or pointers are really appreciated thanks ooo and its on day 14 and flipped to 18/6 tuesday wednesday afternoon first dark cycle

Unzoomed
    20140912_022542.jpg
    Zoomed
    20140912_022602.jpg
    Side
    20140912_022632.jpg

Not the best pics but they will do

2. What kind of lighting are you using?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Not enough yet have 88 watts of cfls gunna change that to 97 watts tonight I have lights really close or do I want her to stretch some to lst ooh and I have an unknown wattage t5 light in there too

4. You want em within 8 inches of the plant. Spread the light out too so they grow towards it

5. #5 budz_bunny, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    I have them really close lights on each side and above and the t5 is on another side of it so no on lst so far? And how is it looking looking pretty healthy for 2 weeks I starTed counting when the seed casing fell off I water twice a week wed night nursery water no fluoride sun night water with 1/4 strength grow big

Edit and also thank you for taking the time to help a newbie out I appreciate it

6. Scratch the 97 watts I went 106 watts bouta see if I can put another light in to make it 115 watts or is it worth the small boost

7. They are all worth it. I'm growing 2 plants. And I run 4 cfl 35 watt equi. And 2 led grow bulbs on mine. But I over power the plants and cause them to over heat. But I'm trying to create a strain more heat resistant for indoor small room grows. Cause my room is insulated stays about 80 to 90 degrees. My New ones in their now are like a week or 2 old. One is khalifa kush . the other is some mid crap I'm tryin to show my gf how to grow.

8. This is my khalifa kush. Got some seeds from him working back stage at his show. I was a stage hand for his concert that nigga and snoop smoked like the wholeeee staff up almost

Attached Files:

9. Damn that would be some sweet shit smokin with wiz n snoop then getting seeds from wiz nice lookin plant by the way so I did end up getting al 115 watts going and another thing it's not super bad but I can smell my bad bit cheaper as soon as I get in the growing room need a make a dir carbon air scrubber but the next investment will be a tent I hope this grow is suc cess full if it is I may not have to know a guy anymore lol

10. Sounds like you got a good plan bro. Word of advice. Find you some led bulbs. They help. I wouldn't go strictly led but I would incorporate them. You can get sweet grow bulbs off eBay that have their own fans in them for like 10 dollars a piece. Also any kind of led cfl bulb is great. The leds at home depot are good for starters.

11. #11 budz_bunny, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    Thanks ya hopefully plan would be number 1 diy scrubber 2 tent 3 400 or 600 watt mh/hps I was set on 400 but I might want the extra powee plus I could always dim it

Everything is a slow work in progress

12. I was thinking led too but they were pricy but I was lookin at bigger ones

13. Common mistake is people think they hav3 to buy grow led lights. You don't. They have grow bulbs that for into your standard light socket. The blue and red leds are only a few more than the regular cfls.

14. Hmm I may have to look into them then. I am already so impatient about this plant it's not even funny

15. Yeah I feel you there buddy.

16. Lol I just wanna flip to 12/12 and hurry but that's no fun it'll be worth it

17. Yeah unfortunately the wait is worth it. Wait till you hav3 some buds you can trim and sample that's what I. Look forward too. Seeing how good the premature bud is and just imagining how good the fully matured plant is.

You growing autos or just reg fem ?

18. Neither I found like 3 seeds in some bud I had that I really liked the high too so I said fuck it hopefully I can grow some decent buds and if it turns out good I will continue hopefully I really like it so far it's a fun little hobby

19. Well guys I did it! I bent her over on Sunday morning an hour or two before her dark cycle. I was really scared not sure if I did it right some branches seem to not get a lot of light and seem to be stuck under the main stem or other things. pics will come soon hopefully some branches have shot out like crazy though. I think I'm gonna try a spiral staircase. did I bend her right? how does she look? Any advice? As always any feedback will be greatly appreciated thanks