Noob Grow On A Budget

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by non_smoker0922, Sep 12, 2014.

1. I love that you're putting thought and effort into your grow. Lotsa folks come on here and expect others to do all the advice/research for them. You're awesome dude.

Here's my reasoning on why I think its the soil... I have a lot of experience with the ff trio, and never once have I ran into any type of nutrient deficiency, even when i used 1/8 strength throughout an entire grow just for grins and giggles. I also water my plant until there's a decent amount of runoff, but honestly, I don't think the drainage is quite right on your set up. My pots (after a shit ton of water) are dry within 2-3 days. Yours are staying wet for about a week. Roots need water and nutrients, but oxygen is just as vital to their growth and development as it is to ours. With the soil staying wet so long, your ladies can't get the necessary oxygen.

Just my 2¢. Good luck blade.

2. How long have you been feeding it for?

3. That does sound right but now the soil is starting to dry a little quicker about 5 days the plant isn't that big now it's starting to get there I said 7 days cuz that was the normal I started from seed in the 3 gallon.That's like trying to feed a baby a gallon of milk it's going to take a while for it to eat it all but feed that to a mature going to kill that quick.thanks for noticing that I'm a noob that puts in his time to find answers.I ask others so I can see if my hypothesis is right.I'm starting to like this kinda cool how plants are like humans who would've thought

4. I'm glad you've taken an interest in your plants. A lot of people who start growing never have the patience to read or even finish. Lol, they expect dense colas after a week.

More power to ya blade. Good luck with your lady. I'll be see in ya around the city for sure.

5. Thanks for the advice

6. Hey I had someone that I know call me about a amazing deal on a led light.it's a 240 watt from dorm grow foot 1/3 of the price he said he had good luck with it so far but he's done playing farmer so he wants to part with it.anyone know about these lights out leds in general

7. G8 led by dorm grow foot? 400w not 40? If that's the light we are talking about at a third of the price scoop it up. I have seen a few threads of people raving about these for the small grower.

8. G8 for $90 only has one burned diode it's 240 watts just picked up thought that was a steal
    Now I'm going to need more space
    Also just got my cal/mag

Attached Files:

9. #29 tmntgrower, Oct 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2014
    Retails for $300 something so if it lasts for a grow or two you got a steal. You sure the diode is burned out or is it an infrared? Those are really hard to tell if they are lit up and some people mistake this for a dead diode.

10. don't really know about infrared there's two in about the same spots on both ends that are like that so I think ur right

11. He only used it for one grow still in the box and everything so I think I should get a few uses

12. Any help with scrogging questions?

13. OP, is that reflective mylar in your box? Nice grow btw!

14. #34 tmntgrower, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
    What are the scrogging questions? How to build or how to use it to grow the plant?

15. Yes it is and thanks I got most the info already but I do have another question these big fan leaves should I cut about 1/3 of the leaf itself to get more light to the bottom

16. #36 non_smoker0922, Oct 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2014
    Explosive grow ever since I put in LED

Attached Files:

17. I wouldn't cut upper fan leaves at all, they are your plants power factory you know. Tuck them under growing tops if you want. Those leaves being so huge worries me. What are your temps and humidity levels running in your tent? Anytime my leaves got that big it was because they were over heating or trying to deal with excessive moisture in air.

18. It's about 75-80 on average and humidity about 50%

19. Now I'm getting anxious to find out if i do have a female I know things depend on strain but what's the longest you waited just to find sex in veg and in flower I started from seed seed sprouted Sep.1 so almost 7 weeks old and still didn't find nothing out more I flipped lights hopefully I find out this week

20. Keep your eyes on the main top. It should be showing ya a preflower or two right about now. I just found out about my big lady the other week and she was 6ish weeks along...