Socos 400W Closet Grow.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by SocoGrow, Sep 12, 2014.

1. Indeed. Never used fem seeds untill this time round and only half were fem. Which werr the swert tooth. I ended up from 7 plants. The reg seeds this time around I was 3 for 3 excluding the ones I chopped.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. You could tie and supercrop im pretty sure. but I wouldnt top it.

3. Fuck yeah you can. I do it all the time. Lst and super crop. When you only have two and a half feet inder a 400 watt hps you have to keep em low some how. But like imp said dont top.

4. Oh I did my topping forever ago. Could I use yarn to tie them down? I was thinking of using trout line but didn't know if It would damage the plant.

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1331928-Socos-400W-Closet-Grow%2E

5. Well youcan use yarn not ideal but it will work make sure u leave room in the knot for your stem to grow and it wont be a problem. The big thing is you dont want ot cutting into the stem or choking it off thats it

6. I love my soft ties. Wire inside a rubber tube. They work great!

7. How much more season do you have?

8. Nice. We can get that up north but ur changing it mid oct

9. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411945147.786768.jpg

Top shoots are getting to tall gonna tie them down tonight.
    Also noticed a little drooping in my big girl. She was watered yesterday but the pot felt light to me so I gave her a half gallon of water. She's since perked up although it's got me wondering I gave her a half gallon yesterday as well. How much should I be watering if she's in a 3 gallon pot.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411945308.031963.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411945325.032794.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1331928-Socos-400W-Closet-Grow%2E

10. Nice looking grow man, with that magnetic ballast you can only use a my bulb? How is king of flowering grow. If you didn't look into the digital ballast the other reader mentioned you really should. I know cash is a concern for all us American in this economy, but it will really help you out in yeild and power bills. You can find really cheap digital complete kits for under $200 on Amazon. Maybe look into getting a 600watt hps/mh ballast. It looks like you got th green thumb those plants are just waiting on a light to unlock the mega flowers. You had asked earlier in thread about what kind of yeild you could be looking at, without knowing the strain you are growing hard to say. However indoor general room of thumb is .5grams per watt to a gram per watt of light. Hope this helps, and let us know if you are running that mh to th finish. I have heard of people flowering with mh but I don't think I have seen results. I use the opposire approach I run hps right through veg to the end.

11. I dont believe you get much of a boost by switching from a magnetic ballast to an electronic. 400 watts is 400 watts. The differents lies in the draw of power in total amd in firing of the bulb in start up. The only way you can get more output from a digital ballast is using one equipt with super lumens. Now they make conversion bulbs for magnetic ballasts.

Personally ill never veg under a hps unless I have no choise. Not the right spectrum for plant growth. Theres lots of things that work, just a few things that will work way better.