Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Will This Cover The Smell Of Weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Stoned François, Sep 12, 2014.

1. #1 Stoned François, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    On saturday, my friend ( and our lady friend, possibly) are coming through to my house for a weekly toke session. Everytime my friend comes over we usually just roll a couple of joints and go for a walk while we smoke them. But this week he's bringing over his gas mask bong he recently bought, and we've always been iffy about smoking bongs in public ( especially a gas mask bong, duh! :p ).

So we plan on smoking in my bathroom, with a towel under the door, incense lit, and the air vent turned on, I also have vanilla scented air wick that I could spray around the house too. My friend is coming over at around 9 am and we'll probably be toking by like 10 or 11 am. My mom usually gets home from work at around 5-6 PM as well. Do you guys think this will suffice to get rid of the smell, atleast by the time my mom gets home? What other precautions do you guys recommend that I take as well?

thank you in advance :bongin:

EDIT : I live in a basement, so my bathroom has no windows

2. Yea, I mean incense is really good at covering up smell. If I were you, I'd try really hard to exhale through the vent.

Or just go out in your back deck that's the best option. And in the morning, I doubt your neighbors will be awake, or even home.

Well worst case scenario i could just spray a shitton of airwick to get rid of the smell.
    everytime we smoke we always end up cooking up a bunch of food in my kitchen too so I think that could help as well :smoke:

4. Id say going outside is your best bet. Do you really think your neighbors would even notice? Or care?

Happy toking!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Don't go outside if you live next door to a cop! :)

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

6. Cover the weed smell with more weed.

The theory behind it is legit.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Use a sploof and blow it out the window. Leave the window open until your mom comes home, don't use lysol it's obvious. 

8. my neighbors are pretty anal about everything, like if i play loud music they'll knock on my door

there's no window in my bathroom, but i'm gonna try to get dryer sheets to use for a sploof
    my mom wouldn't pay any thought to the smell of air freshener because we have a cat and we spray air wick when the litterbox starts to smell bad

9. #10 Mid man, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    No window? No worry, I smoke in my apartment bathroom that doesn't allow smoking inside and has a extremely sensitive smoke detector. Make sure you have at-least 2 dryer sheets with holes in them (so the smoke can flow through).

Spray Lysol right after your done smoking and leave the door open with the fan on to air it out

10. Smoking in your parents house is a sure way to get caught.  Unless your parents are complete fools, you can't fool them.  They know you better than you even know yourself.  They can read you like a book.

11. I've smoked in my house before like a month ago, my mom slept over at my sisters house and i invited two friends over and we smoked a bunch of blunts and joints in my bathroom, we didn't have the luxury of incense or anything of the sort either, my mom came home the next day around 6-ish and she didn't say a word

12. thank you for the advice, but after im done im going to leave the door closed with a towel under it in an attempt to let the air vent get rid of most of the smell

13. Well, she's either naive or doesn't care.... or her nose doesn't work.

Also remember, last time she was gone overnight, this time she is gone 8 hour or so.  Have fun with your bong.

Also if you have a towel under the door but the vent on, where will you be drawing fresh air from to replace the smoked out air?

14. No shed or garage?....

You mention you have a cat, more than one?

Cats are are a great scapegoat for covering the powerful aroma of cannabis...

I haven't had to hide the odor of cannabis for a looonngg time now, but it does not really linger too long, unlike filthy tobacco.

Do not trap the air in the bathroom, you want it to circulate as much as possible., fans blowing + vent, don't do the towel thing.

If you just did it in the living room with the windows open, fans blowing, air circulating, the smell should be gone within a few hours.

15. It is agreeable that I am taking a much bigger risk this time. But the last time I smoked in my house was very poorly executed, we smoked two blunts and two joints, and we didn't even have any air freshener (I ran out that night).
    And we're also going to smoke like maybe a gram or a half out of the bong, and we'll smoke the rest of our bud outside. I'm gonna leave the shower running with hot water to steam out the bathroom too.

Not sure how well this is going to turn out, I'll post my results on here tomorrow night

16. You bring up an interesting point with the shed or garage, I do not have either that I can use, but I do have a fire escape sort of thing that my mother NEVER goes to that I could easily smoke in, I could then open the fire escape to let the air circulate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. sorry if the photos are oversized, i'm not very familiar with forums and posting pictures on forums

18. I am now definitely considering smoking in that fire escape area rather than my bathroom, it is dark in there, but I could bring in a lamp via extension cord, and a couple of folding chars

19. making food always (for the most part) covers up the smell. Especially foods with strong smells. But on a side note: I used to be so paranoid, thinking my neighbors see me outside and will call the cops. But the fact of the matter is, your neighbors don't pay attention to you, even if they do, they don't care at all. One time I was sitting in my woods in my backyard, and about 150 feet ahead of me was my neighbor (who I didn't notice at first) chopping wood and shit. After a hit, I saw him and he looked at me and kinda laughed and waved.