My First Grow Ever 2 Plants Ebb Flow Hydro

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by SmerkedOut, Sep 12, 2014.

1. hell yeah!

2. that's alot of pot!

3. Haha that's the goal, right? Lol

4. you know it! Excites you about your next grow

5. In a way yes, but trimming is SUCH a pain in the ass. Might have to look into a bowl trimmer. Might destroy some trichomes, but trimming these plants took me way too long. I can't imagine double or triple that much. 

6. lol, how long did it take you? Good trim job by the way.

7. Well if you see the top rack is all the buds I trimmed, and the bottom is the ones I didn't have time to. So the top ones are all pretty and trimmed nice, and those took like 4-5 hours. Then the rest I was running out of time, so I just trimmed the fan leaves and left the sugar leaves and hung them. And that was about the same amount of bud and that took only 40 minutes. So if I could do that and then throw it in a spin trimmer that would be way better.

8. God damn it. I think my buds got over dried. 

9. how many days did u dry?
    what we're temps and humidity?

10. 5 1/2 days at 72 degrees and I'm not sure of exact humidity but I'd say 40%.

11. humidity a lil low, 4 to 7 days to dry is what u want. Buds should feel a lil crunchy when squeezed, (they dry inside out) that's when u jar them. The moisture on the inside will move outside. If u squeeze after 12 hours in the jar you will notice the outside isn't dry anymore. Continue curing.

12. Lost 1/2 or maybe even 2/3 of my crop to fucking spider mites. I have NO CLUE where they came from. I was checking for them during all of flower and they were just fine. Now today I go to chop up my buds to cure and boom, all my most dense buds are just furry inside... Yielded 10oz off the good buds that weren't infested. 

13. damn that's fucking shitty

14. Yeah that's putting it lightly lol. I was fucking PISSED

But after looking at it some more it seems that it's actually mold, which is a lot more believable. Guess I didn't have enough circulation and my humidity was too high. I guess that's what I get. "Oh, it could never happen to me"

Lesson learned.