My First Grow :)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by cannabisdill23, Sep 11, 2014.

1. no I'm not spraying and here's a pic of the plant light ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410926598.562975.jpg
    I'd say about 4.5" away

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Little update: she's been fighting, but still has the brown at the end of her leaves. still growing though!

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411023554.097008.jpg

4. If you have a fan blowing near it that could be causing the leaves to look like that. I kept my first seedling near a fan so it would very slightly vibrate to build a strong stem and the first set of leaves ended up looking kinda like yours except half the leaf died on both sides. She ended up growing nice and healthy after I moved her away

5. #27 cannabisdill23, Sep 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2014
    Little update: that plant I've been posting is still alive just growing kind of slow, BUT on the other hand I have one that is in really good health and growing very well :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411339534.690767.jpg

realize. realeyes. real lies.

6. It's out growing the other plant hah.

7. Hey man. You should just make this your grow journal if you haven't decided to do that. Anyways, stop messing with your plant! It's a new born baby and is fragile. Transplanting puts plants into stress and seedlings can't handle that. Let her grow for a bit and build up some resistance to the environment. I messed with mine in the beginning and they went through a little hell. Now I rarely mess with them, and they are doing great. Think of how plants grow in nature because you are essentially trying to mimic that.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1323166-another-noob-his-first-grow.html
    By the way I'll sub and feel free to check out my journal.

My grow journal http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1323166-another-noob-his-first-grow.html

8. What strain is this?

Sent from my C6730 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Update on the new plant she seems to be doing well and growth is pretty fast. Any input would be awesome :) ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1411445851.651833.jpg

10. one of the plants is orange kush, but the one that's growing so fast is bag seed.

11. thanks man for the input I need to stop messing with them I know its bad ha the only reason I transplanted the plant that's growing well is because there were roots already coming out the bottom figured that means I should give that root some where to go. Since I have transplanted the plant she been doing good at least I think ha.check out my update and tell me how she looks :)

12. Looking good man. Nice and green

13. thanks man yeah I'm pretty pumped I notice growth like every 12 hours it's awesome!

14. how can i make this my journal? I'm sure thats a dumb question just don't know ha.

15. I have an extra CFL light that's 24" T8
    The color temp is 7800k could I use this as a good spectrum? or best with out it.

16. Remember: seedlings like a relatively dry soil! 

You should try next time to plant your seed directly into the soil. 

For now: transplant the seedling out of the cup a.s.a.p. The cup will limit metabolism and consequently growth.

Good luck mate!

17. the only reason I put the plants I have in the solo cups is because there were roots coming out the bottom of the rockwool. figured that meant they should be in soil. should I really remove them from the soil? They seem to be
    doing great and I notice growth almost every time I check them out.
    Thanks for the tip though. my next few seed I'll try just soil. It's FF happy
    frog soil BTW if anyone has used this soil please chime in I'm curious on how well it does thx.