1989 Nissan 240Sx Se Hatchback

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Jointsmoker415, Sep 11, 2014.

1. #1 Jointsmoker415, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    U guys I'm thinking abt buying this car from a friend but I dnt really kno too much abt Nissans.
    Right now I'm driving a 91 Integra Ls and its pretty sweet but I'm not really digging the FWD.

So anyways dude rebuilt the stock engine at 179k and put in a new radiator shit like that, basically all the mechanics are newish.

Just wondering how u guys feel abt Nissans, dudes asking abt 2500 for it.

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

2. #2 Scars, Sep 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2014
    Dude, I love that body style 240sx.

Does it have a rebuilt stock ka24de? Those motors are low compression and great to boost. It was originally designed as a truck motor by Nissan so it is quite tough.

You can also do a Japanese sr20det turbo swap. You could even put a LSx GM motor or a Toyota 1jz/2jz in that bad boy. My point is, the aftermarket support for this chassis is HUGE and you could do pretty much whatever your imagination allows you to do.

My first car was a Civic but after a drunk driver smashed into me, I got into a tubro RWD car and never looked back. I promise you that you won't miss your Integra LS. Get it, the price is good too considering the condition of the car. Most 240sx these days are drift cars that have been beat to hell with mismatched paint and body parts help on by zip ties and duct tape. The one you are looking at looks unmolested and could be a great car to build up. Good luck with whatever you decide.

This is my version of a well done 240sx:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Love this shape, a car I really want to own soon, get it!

4. 240s are awesome best chassis to start with for sure..
    But I'm pretty sure 89s had the single cam ka24e.
    but handling alone it is great! all my friends have 240s I get to drive them all the time and prefer the steering feel and what not in the 240 over my fc rx7 but my fc has a shitty rack and is a vert so probably not the best test..
    None the less get it you will love it.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

5. I drive a 90 Nissan 240sx... They're fun cars and I absolutely love mine. Just keep in mind that rebuilt doesn't mean perfect and the car itself is older so it will require maintenance. S13's are known for having small electrical issues like headlight motors, speedometers not working, just small stuff to be sure to check before you buy.

Everything is pretty easy to fix on them due to the support on the Internet if your willing to work on it a bit, but its always a good idea to watch for small issues like that before buying to know what your getting in to and also to try to drive down the price a bit; however I'd say 2500$ is a pretty good price looking at it in the pic.

This is mine:

Attached Files:

6. Wow^ that's clean! You are a amazing person for keeping the 240 stock.
    Hook us up with more pics if you don't mind
    How long have you owned it?

7. Here's a pic if the engine if u guys are interested. I'm actually thinking about passing up on it sadly. I really want it but I think if I saved up more I could get a newer car, probably be more worth it in the long run :'(

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

8. Yup it's a single cam stock at least tho...don't blame you if your not willing to work on it and spend money that you won't get back don't buy it.

9. #9 Scars, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    @[member="DBV"]

Dude, clean ass 240! Keep it for another 20 years that way and it'll be a classic.

@[member="invinciblejets"]

My apologies Jet. I stand corrected in reference to the single cam ka24e motor. I didn't even know they came in single versions. Time to google search!

10. I had a 92 180sx with a built up SR20DET, and that car was the shit. I've owned many cars since and nothing else compares to how that car handled. Mine was entirely mods though, not much stock on it at the end.

[​IMG]

11. #11 invinciblejets, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    No need to apologize lol
    Odd they can in single cam Tho I think hp was like 115...only if they came with sr's and ca's instead of the truck motor lol

12. Buy the car, drift it till the engine pops and save up your money for an SR20 or LS1 swap.

13. Nice cars those especially the JDM versions, I like them and an old skyline

Sent from my HTC One X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. people have done some cool swaps with the 240, definately a good platform with good internet support. If you arent into working on cars then it is probably a good idea to get something where you arent paying extra because the car has a "following". That being said the s13 notchbacks are dead sexy

15. #15 DBV, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2014
    Unfortunately that pic is from when I bought ita year and a half ago. As much as I wanted to leave it stock, the mountains teased me too much and I've slowly built her up... This is how she sits currently:

Stance coilovers
    17" wheels
    All bushings replaced
    Strut tower bars
    Exhaust
    Intake
    New brake rotors/stainless lines
    Skyline driver seat..
    Full audio replaced
    Other small shit I can't think of
    Currently building up a 1jz vvti to drop in her. Should be ready in about 6 months

Sorry to hear your going to pass on the car though bud.. They are a lot of fun, but the single jingles really aren't to reliable so it's probably a good call honestly... Mine has 75,000 miles on but still has small issues..

The funny thing is, I can already register it for classic plates here! Haha. Sentimental value of the car to me: it was manufactured one month after I was born so exactly same age as me pretty much; and I have the window sticker for the vehicle framed on my wall which those two things make it basically priceless to me. The little things that attach us to our cars... Lol

Attached Files:

16. #16 Chris2133, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    Dude get the car it's soo much fun when you put a kA turbo you will love it ,bit's a dream for me to own one or a S14 kouki lucky son of gun lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. #17 Chris2133, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1410755473.797310.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forums my baby

18. I'd go for it. It would be a fun daily driver and decent on gas. Car has so much potential if you are looking to modify it.

19. Nice choice.

20. Yeah... Unfortunately I bought a newer motor set with an ignition immobilizer, so it's forced me to buy an AEM v2 ecu and completely change my plans (for the better in the end). Price just keeps adding up, but it'll pay off in the end.

How's your new supra endeavors going bud?