Seedling Slow Growth On Day Five (First Week)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by panda_shop, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Oh I want me some of that Paradise Seeds Vertigo... looks great. Why was the seedling that died buried all the way to the top?

I am not certain. It's probably because I over watered them or the soil is too compact. Another theory is that I was using tap water while in theory I should use solution that is PH 6 to 6.5.

Oh, FYI, both of them died eventually. I am trying to grow one more with soil + perlite and if it dies again I will switch to coco + perlite and pure coco. Also waiting for my PH meter to arrive for more accurate watering.

4. Hmmm... None of that should cause the level of the soil to rise up the stem but guess it doesn't matter. You really should look into going 100% organic. Never have to buy over priced watered down nutes, no pH and no flushing, you can use that tap water all you want, but it requires you to have great discipline with LITFA because you really don't have to do anything other than water. Good luck on your grow.

Interesting. I will keep trying. Thanks.

Hello. If you are interested in trying an organic soil that only needs water throughout the whole grow, check this place out:

http://buildasoil.com/products/living-organic-soil

I don't know how much soil you need but for $35 shipped you can get 2 cubic feet of soil that, like I mentioned only needs water...how simple is that?

No ph meters, no TDS meters just water. :yay:

Hope this helps you in some way.

I am actually using organic soil right now.

Already paid over $300 over all sort of materials. I don't think I want to buy the same soil just switching a brand.

8. OK.  I guess this post is what threw me off...

Why would you try coco then if you have a $300 organic soil already? What is your soil mix if you don't mind me asking?

No I don't have a $300 organic soil. I follow another guy's instruction and bought a bunch of stuffs for hydroponic. Before that I bought organic soil mix and other materials a guy in the store suggested such as crystal and fertilizers. I don't know what my soil mix is...

10. As we speak, the seedling just sprouted!. :) It has been exactly 48 hours since I buried it.

• Like Like x 3
  11. And so the journey begins... Good luck!

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

:hello: Thanks.

13. It's day five again, and my seedling fell over last night...(maybe dead again). I suspect I didn't water it enough because last time I watered it was on day one (and I only watered a cup of tap water).

Also suspect Vertigo doesn't grow up as easily as other types...so trying some new seeds as well.

14. i_0009462.jpg

It's what it looks like now...

15. might be from too much humidity (dampening off)  or maybe it needs a little more light...how far away is the bulb?

The humidity is less than 20%. The light bulb is 5 inches away from the soil, meaning 3 inches away from the top of the seedling.

17. #57 panda_shop, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    It looks like my problem is simple: NOT ENOUGH WATER

I found resource indicating, "Your soil/rockwool has to be moist enough to sustain healthy roots and provide water to the plant."

The condition is called “damping off”.

[​IMG]

It looks like the soil must be completely moist - meaning usually the water must leak out from the bottom every time we water the plant.

Here is the resource: http://www.mandalaseeds.com/Guides/Germination-Troubleshooting-Guide

Also, my plant magically recovered after I supplied it with MORE WATER today.

18. #58 SiRbUdZaLot84, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2014
    Prop up your plants with toothpicks if they get too tall and lean over. Also, use a fan oscillating on the plants to create wind. This will make the plants stems grow stronger to support their growth and weight. But yes with seedlings you have to gradually lower the humidity or you get what's called "dampening off" or they fall over and in some cases die.