Seedling Slow Growth On Day Five (First Week)

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by panda_shop, Sep 11, 2014.

1. I get them at the hydro store.

2. #22 DazedAndStoned, Sep 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2014
    Yea I go to my hydro store too, love talking to them cause they always have pointers. Its run by a small family, I'd rather support the people in my community and spend the extra $5 then wait for shipping. They hook me up with free batteries and syringes when I buy nutes, long time customer and I've only just started growing pot so they'll be seeing me more often now lol.

If you don't have one close, next best thing is the internet or your local nurseries

3. I guess one disadvantage of living in a place like Manhattan is that you don't get to have any hydro store around you. XD

4. #24 DazedAndStoned, Sep 13, 2014
  5. Wow man, I can't believe I don't know there were hydro stores around! (Oh well, the closest one to me is about one hour away since I have to take subway and then walk for a long time). Hahaha. Thanks though. I am going to check them out. :)

6. #26 panda_shop, Sep 13, 2014

Hey, so bad news. I went to two hydro stores and they were permanently closed. When I spoke to the third one they told me:

GH micro - 16$ - "I don't know what GH micro is."
    GH bloom - 12$ - "I don't know what that is either."
    calmag+ - 17$ - "What? Never heard of."
    HGdripclean - 25$ (optional) - "We don't have that either."
    PH down -11$ - "We have it."
    Coco brick -2.35$ I use cocotek red mixed brick - "We have that too."
    or the bigger gh bricks in the white plastic - 12$ - "What is GH bricks?"

So I got PH down and Coco brick so far. Any recommendations where I can get the rest of them online? :)

7. Also I really don't know what these things are. I assume GH micro isn't a rock climbing gear but it kept popping up.

8. #28 Bongsauce, Sep 13, 2014
    lol...GH is general hydroponics brand of nutrients and grow stuffs. If you got the cocotek red brick, that's a GH product so they probably have the nutes too. I'd be very surprised if they have GH cocotek, botanicare... and not GH  nutes. The GH nutes look like this...you only need the micro(purple) and the bloom (pink) you don't need the grow(green).  I'd check the shop again and see if they have em...now that you know what they look like and stuff :)  

umm don't forget a ph meter...some people prefer strips, I prefer meters. If you go with a meter you need some 7.0 calibration fluid too...just get small bottle, I think they're about 8oz. For the cheapest PH meter hit up ebay or amazon...look for the cheapest 'digital ph meter' .. get the yellow one with the black bottom cap. I think mine came from southern cali somewhere...from ebay they're about 9-10$...hydro stores want about 30-40$ for the same meter with a 'milwakee' sticker on it. Get a pair if you can afford it.

*HG dripclean is House and Garden brand 'dripclean'   :)    ...you can get along fine without it.

one of those bricks is about 2-3 gallons of coco, just fyi.

...oh and sorry not sure about online shopping for those...just check some sites and compare your cart after shipping is added. make sure you get at least a quart of the micro/bloom.....not the 8oz bottles.

Cool I will try again on Monday. They are not open during the weekend. Takes me two hours to get there...would be much easier to just buy online.

10. wow that's so crazy 2 hours and it's like 5-10 miles away? Seems so weird to me. :)  

goodluck on the prices...might get lucky and find free shipping if you spend the right amount.

11. Yeah man. Traveling in New York City is tough. And panda doesn't move very fast hahaha. :p

12. That's too bad those shops didn't have GH, too bad about the travel time too, and I thought my city was bad for traveling around, honestly can't even picture how new york is. A lot of sites will offer free shipping if you spend like 100+ bucks. Might be out of your price range but I know shipping can really hurt a guys wallet especially when shipping to Canada so I'd jump all over that if you don't have any luck with the hydro stores.

Sent from my Spaceship using the GrassCity App.

13. Slow growth = lack of oxygen to roots. Happened to me on my first grow

Get some perlite and stab more holes in your bucket and watch that thing shoot up like a weed

Hahaha! That thing is a weed! It should shoot up like a weed!

Yeah New York is really annoying when it comes to getting things that is not available in your neighborhood (meaning up and down ten blocks). But the plus size is that it has all the parties and you pretty much get everything trendy for a cheaper price.

So I am growing again. In your guys' experience, how long does it take for the seed to sprout from the soil? Six days? (Usually it takes three days to grow root and three days to grow the seedling out from the soil?) :)

Thanks.

16. I usually start my seeds in paper towel and they usually all pop within 24 hours, I then plant, and 1-7 days later a sprout will pop up. I had 15/16 sprout in perlite/vermiculite and straight tap water

I suspect the seeds I have are not he best seeds. They grow slower than other seeds.

18. It really depends on the genetics. I found my hashplant seedlings were pretty weak and had a hard time cracking the shell completely I had to help them out, and they grew very slowly until week 1. But my bagseed were already like 5" tall after a week I planted em

Did you seeds have spots/ stripes and was nice and hard? I got some freebies that were not even ripe, they were like a greenish black with no spots and I crushed both of them :(

I really think its genetic more than anything else

They are not freebies. They are feminized Vertigo (https://www.paradise-seeds.com/en/vertigo.html). I have some freebies and I have not tried them.

20. I had too many not sprout after germinating in a paper towel. So I just started throwing them in some soil and kept it damp. Seems to work for me. Sprouts in a week. To each their own though, do what works for you