Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Dabs Vs Bongs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by brainfucked, Sep 11, 2014.

1. when I used to smoke I was having 1.5 plus bongs in 1 rip of top quality bud and it got me wasted. my lungs are in crisp condition and they can handle anything I throw at them. I hear people on here saying that dabs make your tolerance sky rocket but I don't understand. surely if I got in to dabs and then I have a couple of massive bong rips itd get me blazed just the same as dabs would? im only asking this because ive never tried it im from the uk so don't have access to it.  i will be making some very soon though and taking up smoking again.
    Bongs are like crack pipes to me I push myself everytime. None of my friends do that I don't understand why. Theyre still on 0.5 bongs max and I don't get it. I smoke to get high so I push myself constantly and get wasted. I don't believe dabs will get me higher than flower surely id just have to smoke more flower to get to the same level right? but as I said ive never tried it so...
    I would really appreciate some replies. thank you

2. A small dab will get me way higher that a huge bong rip. When I run out of oil I use my bong, but I might just get rid of it.

3. A .2-.3 dab of quality oil will have you way higher than any one single bong rip ever would, especially if its your first time w/ concentrates

4. I've been daily dabbing for awhile now, and .2 or .3 in a single hit would still completely mess me up, it would knock me out cold.

5. I don't  get it though haha. all it is, is concentrated. so surely you could pack a massive bowl which would equal to the same amout of thc as a 0.3 dab

6. bongs because i like to get high in style if you catch my drift. i could save up and get a vape but living in the uk makes it very hard to get some oil , plus i dont want to turn into a vape snob hahaha

7. It's not just concentrated.  It's highly concentrated.  Sometimes upwards of 80% purity. 

It's like the difference between wine and pure grain alcohol.  No matter how fast you chug that wine it will never get you as drunk as a single cup of pure grain alcohol.

The high is different too.  It feels like edibles.  Within seconds you can go from completely sober to the highest you have ever been.  Some people will pass out after hitting it.  It happens.

Until you have tried dabs, don't presume to think you can replicate the feeling by other means.  Even vaping oil through an e-pen doesn't compare to taking a giant rip off an oil rig. 

Taking a giant rip off an oil rig is the getting high equivalent of being strapped to a rocket ship.  You KEEP getting higher for around half an hour. 

8. Hopefully someday people in the UK will be able to walk into a marijuana store and legally purchase it any way they want.

Also stop putting fucking tobacco in your spliffs.  That shit is gross yo.

9. It's just a different high. You feel it the second it hits you and it hits you right in the chest. It sends a thc shock through your body. It's like drinking 8 beers vs taking 8 shots. Same amount of alcohol but a completely different drunk

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. .2-.3 is a fatass dab wtf? thats not a regular sized dab for a newbie :p

I can still smoke a couple bowls and feel great. Been dabbing since 2012

11.  i don't smoke spliffs but if i did i wouldn't put tobacco in it anyways because it tastes like ass. my friend give me one before and it just completely ruins the whole spliff . and how do you know everyone who smokes weed in the uk puts tobacco in the spliffs ? how about you stop eating big macs when smoking huh ?

12. lol you sir just made my day. 

And yeah tobacco and weed mixed together is nasty. I usually smoke the two separately. Never together.

And back on topic, the beer vs shots analogy was accurate. You could take a few shots and feel wasted or drink a few beers and feel a lil tipsy. Same with this. You could smoke a bowl and feel high or take a dab (or two if your up to it) and feel completely shmiggled.

13. Dude you've obviously never smoked dabs before. High quality oil/wax is extremely potent. If you smoke it consistently you will build a huge tolerance to flowers.

14. I will probably get hate for this, but I'm not a big fan of concentrates. I feel people use concentrates because smoking bud isn't enough. It's like when people start doing other drugs to explore different highs. Don't worry, I'm not saying that's exactly the same. I was making a comparison. Besides, when I do dabs, my high lasts like 15 minutes. Which is really lame. I'd rather smoke bud and be high for a couple of hours than smoke a concentrate that gets me higher but only lasts a fraction of the time. Besides I really like the taste of the smoke. Sorry if offended any of you concentrate users!

15. I will probably get hate for this, but I'm not a big fan of concentrates. I feel people use concentrates because smoking bud isn't enough. It's like when people start doing other drugs to explore different highs. Don't worry, I'm not saying that's exactly the same. I was making a comparison. Besides, when I do dabs, my high lasts like 15 minutes. Which is really lame. I'd rather smoke bud and be high for a couple of hours than smoke a concentrate that gets me higher but only lasts a fraction of the time. Besides I really like the taste of the smoke. Sorry if offended any of you concentrate users!
    Sorry for the double post

16. There is no comparison it's completely different one your smoking flower the other your vaping concentrates

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #17 jtwpayne, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 15, 2014
    u can make wax an concentrates without butane u can use ice an water or co2 it's the idiots who don't have any common sense or do any research that mess it up for everyone n claim to have "wax" when it's butane soup garbage

18. Concentrates an "dabbing" are for medical patients that need it to get the relief they need for whatever ailment may it be,be it pain or other reasons sometimes weed just doesn't cut it, a.1 dab will have u 10x higher an 3x as long as regular smoking and it's way quicker u can take a dab just about same amount of time to pack an smoke a bowl which is 10 seconds an it's healthier if made correctly, also pieces are smaller an easier to carry around an travel with if u love bongs so much, dabbing has it's purpose

Like 3 joints in one hit. Good shatter is nothing like smoking flowers. Just like 151 proof rum compared to American lite beer.

20. The high isn't shorter with bho, at least with me and everyone I've asked. Actually, I feel like dab highs last way, way longer. You don't get burnt out on dabs like you do weed either.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum