How Do You Pullup?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by donewithweed, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Ok I can do pullups, but not a lot. My other lifts aren't real strong, but they completely laugh in the face of my ability to do a pullup.

I end up using my forearms a lot, they burn out so quickly and then it becomes hard to lift myself up. I have tried a few things, like pretending my hands are hooks and I'm pulling down through my elbows. Helped slightly, but do you have any tips?

To make sure it's not just my imbalance in muscles I am doing negatives to build strength. So that's starting from the top of a pullup and lowering slowly. Then stepping back up and repeating for reps.

2. I suppose I am looking how to use my lats more effectively in this exercise.

3. I couldn't do one pull-up in Jan. I can now do 25+ w/ good form. I used a resistance band until I was able to 5. Wide grip targets the lats, helps you get those wings. Negatives will help you also.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Cool, I don't have any resistance bands unfortunately. I will keep with the negatives for the time being, and go a little wider on my grip.

5. Try isometric holds at the top for as long as you can. Doing sets of those will help as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. You can do at least one perfectly? Keep doing them. Over and over. You will be building strength. The best way I found to progress is to repeat. Did 5 sets of 2 reps this workout and that was all you can do? Increase that in any way you possibly can the next, you should be able to.

7. You could do Kipling pull-ups 😂
    I'm sure you could do 50 on your first try

8. I wear depends

Attached Files:

9. it takes a while for some ppl :p

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app