Double Ended Bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Pot Professor Paul, Sep 11, 2014.

1. well guys Solis Tek has been busy designing what the public wants a single ended/double ended ballast!!!! and they also have made 4k 6k and 10k double ended bulbs!!!! watch out Gavita fans Solis Tek is here to stay!

Attached Files:

2. Don't make fun of us, I know where solis tek bought those 1000w DE. 
    1. Their 1000w DE HPS is not 2100μmol/s, because their supplier don't have quantum meter , they sent to my place to test it, less than 1900μmol/s
    2. 1000w DE MHL is not well designed, only 4000 hours lifespan, don't waste your money on it. 

I have developed E39 single ended type with 2100μmol/s, see attached. You don't need to spend more to buy double ended.

Attached Files:

3. What do you think of the quantum brand?

Just curious?

-poke

Are you mean quantum ballasts?

I can only tell you in order to save cost, those manufactures will use cheap components which exhaust a lot of heat,  so the heat dissipation fans are needed.  

High quality ballasts no need fans. 

5. Are you referring to magnetic ballasts? Those are the only kind im aware of that dont use fans nowadays.

What do you recommend?

And yes, i meant quantum ballasts(recently acquired by hydrofarm). Ive run one for 12-18 hours a day straight for 5-6 years without issue. Never had a bulb go bad in all these years and used many brands.

-poke

See the pic you will clear those ballasts with fans cannot using in humid greenhouse, our main customers are greenhouse growers, they require the ballasts must water proof. Then how to keep the electronic ballasts working without fans? only make it with high quality components. See gavita ballast, all no fans.

Most of distributors want to max the profits, what they purchased to sell to the end user like you is the cheapest one, it works but not the best.

Attached Files:

7. If I recall correctly, galaxy has a ballast that will run DE, or HQI bulbs.

8. Who is making fun of anybody? I just posted that SolisTek has new stuff

9. So how did the massive bulb recall for gavita make you feel? I'm glad I don't have rupturing bulbs!!!

10. Poke sealed ballasts are for humid applications. They run 105 degree caps so that they can run hotter without blowing up. If you have humidity issues just run an extra fan with ballasts in separate room. U don't need sealed unless its a hot house greenhouse application I have sunlight supplies sealed ballast and SolisTek is STKseries are all sealed. The Lume power have a sealed ballast that runs all types of hid bulbs for 150 bucks.... 3 year warranty... Poke ur quantum run 85 degree caps... They run hotter and will blow quicker. That's what the fan is for to dissipate heat. These are lighting amplifiers...... That's all they are just like a car amplifier... Except they power a bulb instead of a speaker...

So I need to warning you, solis tek is not bulb factory, the bulbs they got all from China. The test report from growershouse told us solis tek 1000w only 1647μmol/s, that's means their bulb is not real grow light. 1000w DE MH is not good at heat dissipation, that's why the lifespan is so short. 

Gavita is our competitor in EURO market, I am glad to hear such news,Can you tell me the details? Currently GAVITA 1000w DE is made by USHIO.

13. Im aware that Alan and Alvin built a factory in China. I run SolisTek gear. Alan showed me a recall for exploding bulbs. Gerald Garrison is the designer SolisTek uses.SolisTek has the best and safest most reliable digital lighting offered on the open market. Case closed... And they designed the first and only de mh bulbs! There's more to come from SolisTek!

14. what company do you work for? i may want to real world compare your equipment against what i currently run

If they do the best, can yo explain why their 400v 1000w E39 only 1647μmol/s ?

http://growershouse.com/blog/hid-bulb-test-comparison-review-hortilux-ushio-digilux-baddass-solistek-lumatek-maxlume-growlite-ultra-sun

It should be same system as DE, I don't believe if you can make DE with 2100μmol/s but cannot make E39 type same as DE.

Then this is the company OEM ballast for solis Tek,http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1292110
    they are ballast company only but you will find they are selling 1000w DE MH and 1000w DE HPS, where are those bulbs from?
    I am the first made the 1000w DE in China, so many bulb companies know me well, one of them want me to test their 1000w DE HPS, I test it only 1805μmol/s, he also asked me if he can make 1000w DE MH, I told him the DE tube is not good for heat dissipation the lifespan cannot be long, but he still made it out on  July, 2014, only 4000hours lifespan.

You can image what happened next,  solis tek OEM company buy those bulbs from that bulb company and sell them to solis tek, the OEM company and solis tek may not know well about the bulbs, they just look like Philips 1000w DE, but low PAR, even they don't have quantum meter and let me to help them to test it, do you believe they can make real grow light?

I worked in Philips OEM company in charge of grow light development, after I made China first 1000w DE on 2011, I quit the job and start my own company. My father supplied ballasts for EURO greenhouse market for 15 years, so we can make the whole system now.
    Scan the QR code you will know us.

We  want to develop north American market, but what a pity, this market is full of fake bulbs, distributors only want cheap price they don't care about PAR, if end users don't know too much about bulbs it is easy to be cheated. 

If you want equipment please go http://www.everfine.net/

17. What about a real world comparison? I'll test ur equipment against my current setup and if I like the results I will tell every grower I know! I have big friends that buy big orders one is getting ready to buy ,3000 ballasts

Sorry, once a company called Jiaming lighting stole our draw of new design of 1000w DE, we don't willing unfamiliar customers to visit us after that.  I can only tell you we test with everfine qeuipments which CREE,PHILIPS,GE,OSRAM also use this brand.

19. This information is so crucial for someone trying to get the right gear, thanks for sharing 

This info about solis tek is interesting, I had no idea the bulb market was so sketchy world wide. As a consumer in the North American market, what brands should we trust when it comes to honest Î¼mol/s reading.. Let me rephrase my question: Whats the best consumer brand for a reliable 1000w bulb keeping price in the factor, because most growers grow with a budget. I thought Solis Tek was something worth writing home about until now. 

20. SolisTek owns Jayotech that is their Chinese factory. There is nothing sketchy about SolisTek. This is my garden Alan Lien has confirmed your telling tall tales Dennis. All SolisTek gear is dialed in for Full Spectrum Digital Lighting. Grown Rcw69.51A Medical Cannabis Washington State SolisTek 2k SolisTek 6k SolisTek Ballasts and splitters all matched sets! Let's see Dennis! This is SolisTek bud grown by me for me by myself. Real World Compare I average 2000 grams per 1000 watts

Attached Files: