Practicing A Instrument While High.

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by leo_1400, Sep 11, 2014.

1. What do you think about practicing a instrument while high ? I practice my accordion while high sometimes and I love it , I get lost in the music.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I play drums while high its an awesome workout. I pretend i am Neil Peart.

3. I play guitar when I get high at home almost every time,record some stuff, play in key to some random songs or just practice scales and its damn fun

4. Dude this is ghread I've been looking for. I looooove that feeling of getting taken away by music.... :)

Rainbow family :)

5. Nothing better than vaping in my room and playing some jazz tunes on my trumpet along to old recordings, soloing with the greats of the 20th century... Amazing feeling

I'm a functional stoner

• Like Like x 1
  6. Just got a 70/80's yamaha g-225 which use to be my dads that has been at a family friends house for the last 20years or so. Need to get it restrung then I will be jamming hardcore when baked!

7. I can't remember the last time a day went by when I didn't get stoned and pick up the guitar. 

8. Id just like to add to this post that almost every City and Colour song is amazing to play high on an acoustic and to sing if your into that :p
    I especially like Coming Home by them as there's lots of room to improv etc.
    Just thought id say that to give people something new to listen/jam to and probably smoke while listening to

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. I write lyrics while high and it is a awesome feeling doing what i love to do to release all kinds of negative energy while high

• Like Like x 1

I find that playing guitar while high opens up new possibilities that I wouldn't necessarily explore before, new ways to combine chord progressions and new strumming rhythms. If you play a lot of funk and blues, like I do, being high is also awesome for getting really funky on the rhythm guitar, and funkatizing solos as well.

My favorite Youtube guitar instructor, Marty Schwarz, is always high as fuck in his videos.

11. I figured out the entire keyboard solo on shine on you crazy diamond on my flute when I was 21 & it became a ritual habit noodling while under the influence , rock on you stoney musician!

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

12. I love improvising guitar along with classic Floyd and Zeppelin tunes.
    I try to record what I play because I almost always have no memory of what I play.

I once played along with the entire DSOTM album with the lights off and it was like traveling through space.

13. I'm a drummer, and playing while high is always awesome. I just flip on the radio and play along, and it feels amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

14. I can't play my bass unless I'm high.

I do it all the time, mostly guitar (Takamine acoustic/electric).

I learned, decades ago, what a help this was. I come up with new runs, licks, positions, techniques, etc. that I would probably never think of straight.

When I get high I *always* play the guitar. It seems like a waste if I don't.

16. Skin flute. But you knew that.

17. WOw. Great night!

18. Unfortunately I don't seem to play very well when I'm high.  I do it sometimes, and it is interesting, but I play much better when I'm not high.   Maybe because I don't stay high all the time?  Alcohol is even worse - I don't even feel  like playing when I drink.

19. Jamming along with music while blazing is my favorite Stoney past time.