Are My Buds Ready To Harvest?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by OCTCannibal22, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Here is a picture. Thoughts on if it's ready for harvest?

Attached Files:

2. Picture is very blurry. Harvest when hairs are 70% orange and most fan leaves have yellowed off. If you can get a pocket microscope (at least 30x) start to flush when trichromes are 50% auburn.

3. yeah thats a terrible picture, I would guess like 2-3 weeks but hard to tell from that picture. get one that isnt blurry

4. Sorry about the pic. My camera on my phone doesn't seem to be that good. I'll try to get a better pic tommorow. The hairs on the bud are 70% red. I'm thinking I'm going to pull it Sunday. It depends .

5. I'd say at least a week. More likely two. Look at the buds in focus in the background.

6. Here is another picture.

Attached Files:

7. you're focusing on the background :p

I'm still guessing at least 2weeks

8. Well I will be pulling 1 of my plants tommorow(I have six females). Just looked with a 30X jewlers loup and all the trichomes are milky and saw 2 amber colored trichomes. The other 5 have a little ways to go yet.

9. i pulled one early this year as well. my reasons are more about plant count tho. i did wait a bit longer than you did. my trichs were about 20% amber and the rest cloudy. you should be ok, but remember that most of the weight is packed on during the least few weeks

10. [SUB]***UPDATE***[/SUB]

[SUB]Harvested 1 of my females(have 6) on the 20th of September. Hung dried the branches for 7 days, and then I put them in a box lid in a dark area (witch I'm doing now for  7 days then I'm going to brown bag 'em for another 7 days) but anyway, last night when I went to flip the buds over in the box lid, all the buds were smelling like a skunk and  were crispy dry so I took a small bud and smoked a few hitters to see how it was and the weed is pretty kick ass!!! Tastes awesome and I'm very well pleased. Was stoned for a good 2 and a half hours at least. Trichomes were milky BTW. :yay: [/SUB]