Should I Be Concerned ..ordering Through Amazon

Discussion in 'Security' started by RubyLemon, Sep 10, 2014.

1. I buy a lot of gear through amazon.ca. Pretty much my entire setup actually. Recently someone has been writing 420 on the package. So someone is on to what's up obviously ...have a look here...should I be concerned? Or is it some fucker

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. That is really sketchy... Ive ordered alot on amazon with no issues. Whats your neighbors like? Packages in hallways of apt buildings can attract nosey ppl. Maybe do a little recon at first to see who it is? Try setting delivery to signature only and see what delivery guys like? Then you can tell if it is coming like that. Chances are its a nieghbor/buddy fucking with ya. Try placing a box where your packages are getting dropped off n monitor it.

Keep us posted...

A good tip on Amazon, leave a note for seller asking for discreet shipping label n package. I find 90% of sellers will do that no problems.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Well I don't think it's a neighbor just cause I recently had 3 different orders...1 had a 400 watt hps, 1 had a few lotions and the final order I had a green eye head lamp and a hygrometer. The two packages that had paraphernalia had 420 written on them but not the lotions which leads me to believe it's someone at the amazon warehouse or whatever the fuck. I'm wondering if it's someone like saying hey what up son 420! Or its like hey moth a fucka I know what you're doing.

Anyway I ordered again today anyway cause god damn you can't beat that prime amazon shipping. I just bought 60 pounds of some real sexy soil for 50 bucks. No shipping. Anyway I threw in some veggie food and tomato gear so we'll see what they write for 60 pounds of frickin soil hahaha

4. #4 RubyLemon, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    It's not anyone I know cause I haven't told anyone. I dunno man

5. This is interesting to me. Thanks for writing the updates.

I order tons of stuff from Amazon (USA), including lots of hydroponics stuff, but I've never seen any special writing on any packages. I would imagine that an Amazon worker could get easily fired for doing something like that.

Either way, I'd like to know if we are at higher risk by ordering sensitive items from Amazon.

6. I'll definitely keep you all posted once this next order arrives. Should be here Friday.

7. That's screwey

Sent from my V3 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I actually had a similar question. When I ordered my tent from Amazon I got the box and directly on the outside in bold black it says "Grow Tent." What's everyone's thoughts?

9. See that's just rude. Like me it seems someone's fucking with you. Like why else do it other than to be a prick. And what can ya do really besides stop ordering with them.

10. Everything arrived unmarked. Yaaaay amazon.

Attached Files:

11. I order through Amazon and today this dude who runs mail for the office was like "hey man your green house is here" in front of God and everybody. So later my boss was like "what do you need a green house for? You growing pot or something?" Now I'm sweating cause I don't have anything going on right now but I've got a couple lights, some testing equipment. Blah blah blah. Maybe I should just grow tomatoes indoors for a minute till shit blows over. It's legal to grow over here in spain but if someone at work found out I'd be filtered in a heart beat. Thing is I'm not here that long and I'm trying to get some harvests under my belt before I go back to the land of the freeze with 25% of the world's incarcerated people.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Why would you have it delivered to you office or why would the mail man say that lol

• Like Like x 1
  13. I set up my order thru amazon - I have Prime - and then checked each item against eBay. After some detailed comparisons, I ended up getting about half the stuff through each. Amazon had better deals on some stuff and eBay on others when carefully evaluating the so-called "Free Shipping" against the listed prices. By careful selection, the two sources can produce minimal costs and shipping charges.

My big problem (a.k.a. fear) is where to purchase good auto feminized seeds that incur minimal risk of confiscation - especially with my home address plastered on front of the package.  :mad:

14. Nice nails off the topic. 

15. For all you know its just a random number someone put on whilst it was travelling home to you :)

16. Nah I have been for years man. Just do it poosea lol

17. Check Amazons terms of use agreement. It clearly states that a data bank of people and what they order IS kept and IS shared with any third party. They do not sell this info they give it away. So YES, ordering through Amazon.com can get you caught. I, personally, would never order from Amazon. You might never get a knock at your door but do you really want to take that chance? Law of eventuality says that you will eventually get caught. Not too sure what the number is for on your package but I would find a different venue if it was me.

18. Lesson learned, send it to your home where you pay the bills. Not where you earn your money to pay your bills. I hope you had an answer ready for your boss. Something like, "Sure boss, pot is what I live for so I can deal with your stingy ass! I mean you pay me so little I cannot afford a good dealer."

19. You should really only buy products which are discreet, as in, nobody cares if they know it's a carbon filter and 6 LED Lights, but they shouldn't be writing any 420, Cannabis or Weed marks on the box.

• Disagree Disagree x 1