Remote Controlled Vehicles

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Markc05, Sep 10, 2014.

1. 15 year vet with RC trucks, both nitro and electric, just wondering if anyone else is into the hobby. I still have a few trucks, I've downsized to : Losi Nightcrawler, HPI Firestorm brushless, Traxxis T-max with a custom 3.3 and almost all aftermarket parts. I also have 2 heli's that I never use anymore.
    So anyone wants info on RC or conversation about parts, chime in.

2. i have an HPI Mini Recon. sturdy little truck. a 1:18 scale. always on the lookout for different bodies. im not too into the hobby though. i invest in my big cars.

3. @[member="El Duderino"]  I never could get into the mini- carpet racer ones but they are cool, rainy day set up a jump off my couch fun looking. I have in the past had body shells for 1/10 that needed to be modified. I'm sure HPI body shells at 1/18th would fit, but you might need to change up the body posts to lower the shell over the frame, maybe even cut holes through it. I typically cut a few holes in the body shell, the windshield part, the rear window part and a few other holes here and there, then put plastic mesh hot glued into the shell. 

I also put money into my human sized cars, but chasing dogs, cats, and human cars with my little loud bastard is fun and, when you realize with a MIG and some sheet metal, you can make lots of replacements for not much, it gets enjoyable. 

4. Me and my dad used to make rc boats with weed eater engines. Those things were crazy fast.