Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is It Safe For My Mother To Use Weed For High Blood Pressure/heart Issues?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by LoveisKind, Sep 10, 2014.

1. #21 dabs710, Sep 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2014
    http://www.mayoclinic.org/drugs-supplements/marijuana/safety/hrb-20059701

"Marijuana may cause low blood pressure. Caution is advised in people who have blood pressure disorders or those taking drugs or herbs and supplements that lower blood pressure."

Have you guys ever taken a strong enough edible before? It will make your blood pressure go almost too low sometimes. The heart rate increase is because of a low tolerance / anxiety reaction or some have a sensitivity issue, like to really strong early harvested Sativas, which should be avoided in people who have heart issues. Many other strains will do the opposite and calm you down.

"Marijuana may affect blood sugar levels. Caution is advised in people with diabetes or blood sugar problems, and in those taking drugs, herbs, or supplements that affect blood sugar. Blood sugar levels may need to be monitored by a qualified healthcare professional, including a pharmacist, and medication adjustments may be necessary."

It'll lower your blood sugar levels too. I've never had much of a sweet tooth until I became a very heavy user, but now I have to have some type of sugar during the day or I'll get woozy.

2. Probably not through smoking... Increased heart rate wouldn't help I don't think. But there are many many different ways to partake that may help. I just don't know:p

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk

3. So many conflicting answers, and I couldn't really find an answer online either.. Kind of touchy with this one.

4. Priorities.

Cigarette smoKing is one of the greatest contributors to heart disease.

The effects are mitigated by cannabis in certain dosages but she needs to quit the cigs.

People using Rick Simpson oil have cut back or eliminated bp meds. Smoking herbs IMO should be avoided when degenerative diseases are present. Use a vaporize or edibles/oils. It may require a concentrated dose consistently for a period of time. Search google also there are recent studies showing cannabis cannabinoids very heart healthy. Likely due to their antioxidant effects, modulatory effects through endocannabinoid system also.

But if she has bp issues you must have a machine to check it on site, monitoring when she medicates in case it drops. And consider interaction with medications. So you must remember to get a doctor involved if necessary.

Also look into capsicum (cayenne pepper), garlic, and other certain foods and drinks that help the circulatory system. Garlic and cayenne are incredible, lots of available research online for youto see. They can be hhad quite inexpensively.

Best of luck.

5. Taking a concentrate daily over several months will cause a significant decrease in her cigarette and alcohol consumption; and that is without making a conscious effort - the cannabis itself will simply reduce her cravings for poison. 

6. On the other hand, sometimes I've had some really wicked (and seriously scary) strings of palpitations when I've eaten too much edible or smoked too much of a high-THC formula. I say this as someone with predisposition to arrhythmias.  

So she might want to consider a higher CBD one, if the reasons she's using cannabis are for things CBD treats. I actually use a high-CBD strain during the day to control the anxiety and racing heart from my Graves Disease. But I'm not a doctor and there's lots of great advice on this board.