Installing An Aftermarket Stereo

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by Kiefsweat, Sep 9, 2014.

1. So ive done this before succesfully. but not in this car haha
    2001 honda civic.

ive got my stock stereo out already and am examining my wiring harness for it. Since i dont have a schematic of wich wire is what, ive gone online and found some diagrams n lists n shit. im gonna double check each wire first just to make sure nothing been changed...anyway

i dont have a harness adapter atm, so my best bet is to hardwire the shit straight into the new stereo harness...
    of course, thats my question. is that really a good idea?

i dont plan on changing stereos anytime soon

but i was wondering if it was really worth it, versus going and hunting down a harness adapter for it so i can just plug it right in???

2. ok well, after comparing notes

the wires listed on the site, are completely different colors than what ive got hooked up in my car hahahaha

i just went and bought a harness/adapter though so it should work.

ill keep yall updated. bout to scourge my car for the rest of the wires.

3. YeH harness adapter is way easier they have then at just about any parts stores for your car at least good luck

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

• Like Like x 1
  4. yea. i picked one up just now.

the hardest part is getting the right wires to the right wires hahaha

im working with no diagrams here  :laughing:
    my rear speakers all have different colored, multi colored wires. completely different from what the online diagram says. i kind of expected that. but eehh

i have to physically go to each speaker though now and figure out what goes to waht

• Like Like x 2
  5. Maybe someone did some stereo work before check some more diagrams online I no there is like 3 different one for my car

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

6. Depends on the car, some come with different variations of stock stereo. Unless someone hacked it, you should have you basics, black blue white red shouldn't change.

7. nah someone changed everything hahaha

anyway, the harness allowed me to install it with ease and it works perfectly

thanks dudes

8. You could, but having a harness ensures that no mistakes are made with any of the connections