Welcome to Grasscity Forums - Register now for FREE
Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute.
Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Create an Account

How to take knife hits.

• Please log in to reply

binonexus

binonexus

Green Beans

• Registered Upgraded
  • 572 posts
This is a completely text--based tutorial. If you have a hard time reading things that do not have pictures, click back.

Knife hits are the number one way to get ripped off your fucking ass while smoking very very little. Although knife hits are a huge hassle, it conserves weed very well. I have smoked a 1 gram nug for about 2 weeks just taking knife hits, and i was high the entire 2 weeks.

Knife hits work the same way as a vaporizer would, using high heat and a heating device, no flame is ever in contact with your weed, causing a more pure smoke to hit your lungs.

This is a follow-up tutorial to my gravity bong tutorial.

What you will need.:

1. Bottle, any size, i use a small water bottle.
2. A stove. Any stove will work, electric or gas, i prefer gas for speed.
3. 2 knifes, NOT COMPLETELY METAL ONES. You need 2 flat knives with plastic or wooden handles so you don't burn your hands.

Step 1, Getting your shit ready

This is the simplest way to smoke but it is definitely a hassle. To get everything prepared, screw the top off your water bottle and dump everything out. Cut the bottom off of the bottle just like you would on the gravity bong. A horizontal line straight across the bottom, the bigger the chamber the more smoke you can capture in between hits.

Start cooking your knives, do this by turning your stove on high and putting the knives either right in the flame (gas) or directly on the coils (electric)

Step 2, Smoking, Yes, it's only 2 steps.

Look at your nug and take a little pinch off, one that you would break off into a bowl.. now break it up again until you get a tiny little nuglet, this is all you will need, i promise.

Take your nuglet and hold it in your hands, this normally requires two people but it can be done with one.

As you hold the bottle with the cut off bottom in your mouth, put the bottle directly over the two knives, Now gently set the nuglet on to the bottom knife and push down on it slowly with your other heated knife.

The heat from the two knives will cause the weed to smoke, while the weed is smoking it is necessary that you cause a decrease in air pressure in the bottle so the smoke is drawn into that.

To cause this decrease in air pressure, suck in, AS SLOWLY AS POSSIBLE. This way you can hit it for a long time, continue sucking the smoke into the bottle as it rises into it.

Enjoy coughing for a few minutes and then take your next hit.

• HxCurt and mundi like this

pakaL0L0

pakaL0L0

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 187 posts
lol... i tried this a while back and dropped the red hot knife on the linoleum floor and it melted. so we didnt get the security deposit on the lease back. after that i said fuck knife hits. but im sure they aare sick if u can get it to work.

mister2

mister2

Boy Better Know!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 857 posts
lmfao thought this was about how handle things when someone pulls a blade on you lol
maybe someone should write somethging bout that?

tweak54321

tweak54321

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
lol, i thought this was about what do do if some one pulled a knife on you also. I am thinking obout doing this cuz it sounds way cool, but i dont want to go downstairs and use this stove. i have a candle here, would that work? and also do you heat up both the knifes or just 1?

flashlight

flashlight

• Registered Upgraded
  • 2,086 posts
im gonna try that sometime...how lon do you put the knives on the heat? does it ruin the knife?

Weed_Beer_Metal

Weed_Beer_Metal

Deli Creep

• Registered Upgraded
  • 529 posts
Don't do this with a good knife. Heating and cooling repeatedly like that will burn the temper out of the steel, and will make it significantly weaker. So yeah it prety much makes the knife useless for anything but knife hits.

hahha i'm really blazed sorry if this doesn't make sense.

Horus XCIII

Horus XCIII

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,287 posts
This works great for hash. I've seen people literally fall to the floor when they take a knife hit of good kief. Thanks for the tek!

+rep

binonexus

binonexus

Green Beans

• Registered Upgraded
  • 572 posts

i have a candle here, would that work? and also do you heat up both the knifes or just 1?

A candle **might** work. I have never personally tried it but to be honest i don't think it would work due to it not being nearly as hot as a stove.

You heat both knifes.

im gonna try that sometime...how lon do you put the knives on the heat? does it ruin the knife?

I wait until the knives turn red, then it's guaranteed that those maw fuckas are hot as hell.
With my gas stove it takes about a minute for it to heat up enough to where i want to use it.

Yeah.. it ruins the knife, i guess one session wouldn't completely ruin the knife but as stated it'll break down the temper of your knife and it will not be as strong, also, if you have ever burnt metal you will notice the parts where the metal turns a purple-blue tint, this is because of oxides or something burning out of it. I keep 2 knives specifically for knife hits.. you can re-use it many many times.

Spoons also work as well as glass rods that you can get at headshops. glass is good.

Evilpig

Evilpig

ṃαÿøɾ øƒ ģɾαṡṡ

• Registered Upgraded
  • 3,947 posts
I love the blades. Once I was SO STONED and went to serve a hit and the knifes slid into my palms and hands and burnt the fuck out of me. It was white after.

Goatphish

Goatphish

Damn knives burnt me.

• Registered Upgraded
  • 396 posts
I've used knives as a primary way of smoking for years now. They take priority over my RooR even.

I wouldn't use knives with plastic handles, wood oh, plastic is a no no. The blades get hot and melt the plastic.

I'm having a guy custom make me a pair of glass knives/paddles. Can you imagine how heavy/large they will have to be to not get too hot... Gonna be sweet.

Personally, I get better results when I knife by myself, using a straw instead of a bottle.

Another thing, once you get really good, you will learn to heat up your knives, bot not orange hot. Orange hot is too hot and excessive. An ideal temp will have a slight vape effect on you bud, not just pure incineration.

I love the blades. Once I was SO STONED and went to serve a hit and the knifes slid into my palms and hands and burnt the fuck out of me. It was white after.

I've don't that before, I face planted once too, my face was safe, but the blades touched my chest. Got a nice little burn on my ribs.

I would also recommend using a blowtorch as well. Works wonders, and now I dont have to stand at the stove.

purplemeadow

purplemeadow

Experimentalist

• Registered Upgraded
  • 622 posts

lmfao thought this was about how handle things when someone pulls a blade on you lol
maybe someone should write somethging bout that?

hahaha me too!!

:smoking:

hothippymama

hothippymama

It makes me feel good!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 277 posts
We have glass blown knifes for knifeys.. We usually cut the bottom off of a gatorade jug and use that as our lung.. My friends dog insaino loved knifey hits. he'd sit there till he got one! It was funny..

sincityusa

sincityusa

Banned

• Banned by Moderators
  • 102 posts
I have done knife hits from time to time. We would have 6 knifes going at one time, you just have to prep ahead of time and you will be good to go.:D :smoking: :D :smoking: .

aernoc

aernoc

• Registered Upgraded
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
A candle won't work, you need something a lot hotter. If you have a propane torch, thats the best way to go, and it doesn't fuck up your stove.

stickyone13

stickyone13

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,803 posts
we always use a mccormick's vodka bottle. i'm talkin HUGE, cough so hard you think you're going to vomit hits, but holy shit does it take you to the moon.

BrazyJay

BrazyJay

• Registered Upgraded
  • 1,684 posts
willa butane torch lighter work? my stove sucks... i used to use scissors when i was younger... until i melted the handle..

Guest_Chunk_*

Guest_Chunk_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In
lol "nuglet"

binonexus

binonexus

Green Beans

• Registered Upgraded
  • 572 posts
yeah a torch would work.. that's a really good idea about using more knives, the only problem with knife hits is how inconvenient it is but if you're right by the stove and can have lots of knives going it'd make it alot easier.. problem with using more knives is it's more knives ruined haha

hothippymama

hothippymama

It makes me feel good!

• Registered Upgraded
  • 277 posts

This is a completely text--based tutorial. If you have a hard time reading things that do not have pictures, click back.

Knife hits are the number one way to get ripped off your fucking ass while smoking very very little. Although knife hits are a huge hassle, it conserves weed very well. I have smoked a 1 gram nug for about 2 weeks just taking knife hits, and i was high the entire 2 weeks.

Knife hits work the same way as a vaporizer would, using high heat and a heating device, no flame is ever in contact with your weed, causing a more pure smoke to hit your lungs.

This is a follow-up tutorial to my gravity bong tutorial.

What you will need.:

1. Bottle, any size, i use a small water bottle.
2. A stove. Any stove will work, electric or gas, i prefer gas for speed.
3. 2 knifes, NOT COMPLETELY METAL ONES. You need 2 flat knives with plastic or wooden handles so you don't burn your hands.

Step 1, Getting your shit ready

This is the simplest way to smoke but it is definitely a hassle. To get everything prepared, screw the top off your water bottle and dump everything out. Cut the bottom off of the bottle just like you would on the gravity bong. A horizontal line straight across the bottom, the bigger the chamber the more smoke you can capture in between hits.

Start cooking your knives, do this by turning your stove on high and putting the knives either right in the flame (gas) or directly on the coils (electric)

Step 2, Smoking, Yes, it's only 2 steps.

Look at your nug and take a little pinch off, one that you would break off into a bowl.. now break it up again until you get a tiny little nuglet, this is all you will need, i promise.

Take your nuglet and hold it in your hands, this normally requires two people but it can be done with one.

As you hold the bottle with the cut off bottom in your mouth, put the bottle directly over the two knives, Now gently set the nuglet on to the bottom knife and push down on it slowly with your other heated knife.

The heat from the two knives will cause the weed to smoke, while the weed is smoking it is necessary that you cause a decrease in air pressure in the bottle so the smoke is drawn into that.

To cause this decrease in air pressure, suck in, AS SLOWLY AS POSSIBLE. This way you can hit it for a long time, continue sucking the smoke into the bottle as it rises into it.

Enjoy coughing for a few minutes and then take your next hit.

Actually electric stoves don't work.. We always use our motor home stove.. We introduced this to a bunch of younger people around our area and they were hooked..

Elem3nt17

Elem3nt17

Technical Spectacle

• Old School
  • 3,636 posts

One time me and my buddy were doing knife hits, my buddy was pressing the knifes together too hard. The bottom blade slipped and pressed firmly on his lips. He was in so much pain after that, his lip was burnt to shit.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users