Oregon Approval Process Is Slow

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by dberkham, Sep 9, 2014.

1. Hi,
    I applied for card on August 6 and still haven't received my card. I definitely qualify with skin cancer and chronic pain from a back injury. There was no problem getting a Drs approval.
    I think it's absurd to be taking the state government so long to send my card. I have also been told that dispensaries will no longer take paperwork from the Dr as a substitute for an actual card. Imagine being diagnosed and getting a prescription for treatment and then waiting 6 weeks to get your pills from the pharmacy. Oregon is far behind other states in their approval timeline. In Arizona, where I reside half of the year, it only took 2 weeks to get my card. Here, in "liberal" Oregon, it is taking way too long. If this is the responsiveness of the state government with medical, expect a long wait in Oregon for recreational to become a reality. Too much bureaucracy!

• Like Like x 2
  2. I hear ya. Somebody earlier today was bragging about how Oregon has the best MJ laws in the USA. Here in California, if you have $60, you can get your card and be high within the hour. $40 for card in 20 minutes. Walk around the corner and get $20 worth of weed. Badda bing, badda boom.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Dont bother with the card get to growing.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Oregon fee is 200 plus the clinic visit was 140. I've been robbed!

• Like Like x 2
  5. #5 Stoniecat, Sep 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2014
    as far as I know the dispensaries in oregon will take your paper work until you get your card. I haven't heard anything about them not doing that. and I think when I did my card it took 3 weeks to get to me. I'm up for renewal now, so I'll see how long it takes now. be patient man, its worth it.  

also I would call them. that's over a month wait time. shouldn't that long. 

6. A majority (almost all) dispensaries in Oregon no longer accept temporary cards because they are too easy to fake, but there are a few that will still except them. If you live near Portland I would be more than happy to give you the addresses

7. Thats how much it normally costs, if you're worried you can call ommp and check on the process I believe

Yes, it is crazy. You can get the fees cheaper if you are on the Oregon Health Plan. What area of Oregon are you in?

The place I went to was called "Northwest Alternative Health" which is in Eugene and also Medford. I got about the same fee, qualified that day.

They gave me a temporary card and paperwork, told me I had to send the paperwork in to the state of Oregon certified mail. They stressed to me that until I get my actual card (took about a month) that I needed to keep the certified mail receipt, and all the info together in the grow room. Apparently that was supposed to make it legal until I got a real card. I think it is?

I've never been to an Oregon Dispensary. Not too many in my area but dumb shit like you get a monthly club membership, or you have to pay 5 dollars just to walk into the door.

Grow it yourself, and like snoopdog said, just start early. The fees are crazy, but I think growing it yourself and invested in growing supplies are better in the long end.

• Like Like x 1
    Yeah Oregons like to think of itself of real liberal, and how we are so "diverse", and bike friendly. Diverse my ass, just a shit ton of white people, white trash rednecks, methheads.

And I fucking hate those cyclists in spandex thinking they own the road. Summertime it's like tour de fucking france out here on a 55 speed limit road, yeah it has a bike line but they like to ride side by side and go over the white line.

• Like Like x 1
    I don't know about the laws.. but I've heard people saw how Oregon has such great weed. Meh, I would think California would have better shit.

11. We do.

• Like Like x 1
    Weed is more suited for California, nice temps, and wow... is that a sun I see?

When my parents moved to Oregon from California, they made a stop in Oregon. They couldn't believe how Oregonians looked, she said she has never seen someone that white before. They were so white that they though they looked sick.

Oregon, 9 months of the year it's grey and overcast. Indoor is the best option here... expect my grow room gets too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter :) I had to use a mini heater in the grow room to keep them alive.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I was on the Oregon coast last July. I had to wear a jacket!!! It rained!!

14. Oregon is corrupt, kangaroo state.

Florence area maybe? Why oh why would you go to an Oregon beach??? You are in CA!

It's always cold there on the coast, lets say where I live in the summer it will be 80 or early 90s... the coast? Barely 70, more like 68 degrees.

I went not too long ago and was very disappointed lol. There were a couple of people wearing shorts and t shirts I don't know what was wrong with them.

But, the only beaches I've been at were the Oregon coast and .. a Flordia beach. What a difference.

Obviously no one goes in the water here, if they do, it's a game of "who can run into the water and stay the longest in the water" because it's so fucking cold.

Are you from Oregon? Apparently the legalization of pot will be up for voting in November. This will be the second attempt?

Part of me would like for it to pass, but I think there would be too many rules and maybe it's better to leave it medical.

17. I was in Lincoln City. The Oregon Coast is absolutly breathtaking, but the weather sucks.

18. I am. If the state us involved it'll be bullshit, like everything else they touch.

Was it overcast? : )

That's what I figure. The medical card charges you up the ass anyway.

I'm sure they will want to tax the shit out of it. Give it to the schools. Schools have always been fucked. In 4th grade we learned 5th grade shit, then in 5th grade, 4th grade shit because they had to mix the classes. Sorry but I don't really give a fuck about schools anyway, but if you had a child I guess you would feel differently.

Maybe they should make them go to school on Fridays. Instead nowadays I hear about children in school getting their own personal laptop. Give me a break.

20. I'm near Portland. My county has a moratorium on dispensaries so I would go to Portland for my medicine. I've talked to the legalize recreational people and they are trying to take the best of Colorado (using existing dispensaries) and have it controlled by Oregon liquor board, so it can be taxed. Even in the likelihood of it passing it will be at least a year for the state to get their shit together. That's why I applied for the medical plus I do need it for legit medical purposes. I have no desire to grow it or make it a hobby. I just want medication.
    As far as the weather goes, I live half the year in Arizona for a reason. Warmth and sunshine. After I retired I couldn't stand 9 months of gray and cold. 2 seasons in Oregon-winter and road construction.
    Don't get me started on the bikers.
    I have called OMMP and they told me 1-2 months. Democracy inaction. I think they think people are just applying so they can get high, not legit medical issues and I am sure that is true in some cases. I am not one of those people. It just ticks me off that the state assumes it is no big deal to wait 2 months for a card. They cashed my check within 2 days so where is my card? Time limits should be put on these state workers to send the cards out.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum