How Much Weed Is Too Much Weed? (Please Read)

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by kaylatenille, Sep 8, 2014.

1. So, as you can see my question is how much is too much? Let me elaborate and add more details so that you can get a look inside my situation and life and tell me what you think, I need someone's advice.

Okay so I will start with 3 months ago, I moved to California with my fiance so that we can get married and live out here since he is a marine and he is stationed on Camp Pendleton. So when I get out here he opens up to me and tells me that during his last deployment (he went to Japan for 7 months) he wasn't faithful. That broke my heart because while he was gone I was completely 100% to him. Now before anyone goes off getting the wrong idea about my husband, he truly is a great guy. He had a moment of weakness, a couple of guys were going to massage parlors and getting their "happy endings" and he wanted that too. So he went off and did it and didn't tell me about it until he got back and he was heartbroken too. Our relationship was really bad for about a month because I cried all the time and we had an upcoming wedding to face and everything was super stressful so one day he asked me "What can help you?" and I told him that when I was depressed in high school I just smoked weed. So we got hooked up with a dealer and I started smoking regularly. 

We don't really fight over what happened anymore, but as couples, we argue over things. & every time we argue he always tells me to go smoke because he knows if I'm high I am not going to be that pissed about whatever I was mad about. I've now gotten to the point where as soon as I feel upset or feel like I am going to feel any anger or sadness, I smoke.

That worked for a little while but after awhile my tolerance built up so I have to smoke more and more and I am constantly smoking just to get my mind off of things. I am 18 years old, very naive, married, and living on my own for the first time in my life in a state where I have no friends, no family, no job, and I sometimes feel like I have no purpose. & just 2 weeks ago, I did something very stupid and thought I wanted to die and took about 16 unisom pills. The effects started kicking in after 15 minutes and it got hard to breathe and walk, talk, and the room felt like it was spinning. I thought I was going to die and when I would start closing my eyes I would fight it because I thought if I closed them I would die. I called 911 and they took me to the hospital and my husband was there and after that I realized "Damn, that fucking sucked, I don't want to fucking die"
    I spent the night in the ICU because I was on a seizure watch and the next day I promised not to do anything like that anymore. 
    That experience really did change my outlook on everything and I do want to live but I feel like I am not making the most of my life, sitting at home, smoking weed all day. I have to finish high school still (like I said, I am very naive) and after that I will go to college. 

But enough about that random shit, I'm rambling. So back to weed, I have gotten to the point where I smoke every time I am upset and that is okay and everything but sometimes I miss my real feelings and emotions. Also weed has lost it's wonder to me. Used to I thought pot was the greatest thing ever and it could just make all your problems disappear and while it helps, it doesn't erase real life problems. I just want to smoke and feel that complete high feeling. It has been forever since I smoked and just thought "I am high as fuck". My husband even says he can't tell the difference from when I am sober and when I am high. 

I am smoking some ak-47 cherry and some Fire OG kush so for the most part I would say I have got some good quality weed, is it that I am smoking too much that I don't feel the full effects anymore, or what? 

I have no idea how that picture got on there, lmao.

Attached Files:

2. I might be able to help but I require more pics first :metal:

3. #4 BugPoop, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    Nah, we don't wanna get swine flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Any amount that slows you down enough so that you aren't reaching your full potential. I smoke 3+ times a day in the summer since I can still work just as well. In the school year though I'm only at 1-2 a week since if I smoke a lot I get stupid and foggy headed

5. You can't rely on weed to make you feel better that's not what it's for.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

6. #7 GratefulFred, Sep 8, 2014
    Idk why some posters are being so mean with these posts - this is someone who is going through a hard time and asking for advice.  This probably isn't the best place to do that, but....

Anyway, OP:  I think there are a lot of issues here, but the first thing you should do is absolutely get to work on your education, whether that's going back to finish high school or working on your GED (preferably via a class at a local community college or something).  Then you can choose to go on to get a college education or a job or whatever you can manage.  You've got to get out and interact with other people and not rely on cannabis to make your life seem worthwhile.

If you get out and about more you might find that it's not so advantageous to be high when you're doing that, so that could help you cut back or stop if that's what you want to do.  Do you have a driver's license?  Access to a car?  Consider learning to drive.  In which case I'd recommend not trying to do that while high.  Anyway I think you're actually pretty aware of your issues and just need to start being more proactive about your life.

Also, yeah probably smoking any time you get upset is not the best long term solution to your relationship issues. 

7. smoking weed so you don't have to deal with shit is soooooo 9th grade. also, you need to go talk to a mental health professional. there is something else going on there inside your head and if you don't get it handled it is going to take you to a very bad place. mental problems and marijuana never go hand in hand. never. like crazy ass psychosis never.

ahem, ominous "reefer madness" like warnings aside, it sounds like you might be smoking a little to much. i mean, i am just as down as the next stoner to smoke until i am flyin' high, high, high! but smoking weed after that is definitely overkill and will screw with your tolerance. smoking in the morning {i do love a good wake -N- bake on occasion though} will green you out by early afternoon. i try to smoke only after i am awake, got my chores handled, showered and coffee made { i run a household of 3 +2 dogs}. that way i can get a good solid buzz on by 10 am to noonish. i follow the same pattern as well. all you have to do is find what works and then just keep doing it.

you definitely need to talk to someone. the kind of talk where you get it all out.
    good luck

PS.. pretty ballsy opening yourself up like this. :metal:

8. Marijuana helps a lot of mental illness symptoms so your pretty wrong with that statement. (Bipolar, depression, etc). I agree with everything else you said though.

9. Actually I agree and disagree with both of you.

It can help some people, it can make stuff worse for other people.

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but daily is excessive IMO. I know because I smoked daily for four years. It's not mentally healthy to have a high mindset 24/7, you start to lose touch with reality.

Moderation is the key to a healthy mindset.

Omega369

10. that is why i recommended mental health because its one thing to be wrong and another thing entirely to be wrong and then give out wrong advice. just because you are bipolar or have a host of any other mental issue {sounds like you do} does not in any way shape or form mean that smoking bud is ok. talk to a professional first then decide how to proceed with the bud. marijuana use in people with undiagnosed mental disorders can most certainly cause more problems. catastrophic ones.
    EGADS MAN! :metal:

PS..
    i just told my cousin what you wrote and he said "isn't that like bare backing a Tia Juana hooker"?
    hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahhaha! :metal:

11. You used Pot as a crutch when your relationship needed mending from a huge traumatic tear, that was mistake number one. 

Mistake number two - actually getting married to the creep.  I'm sorry, once a cheater always a cheater.  And the fact that he lied to you for so long and only told you out of guilt doesn't make a good relationship better.

PLUS you're now in a military marriage somewhere I guess you have no other friends/family/support around.

I lived in San Diego for 17 years, I can't tell you HOW many military marriages I saw get totally fucked up because the husband couldn't keep his dick in his pants when he was on mission. 

The problem here isn't the pot.  Because truly there never is a case of 'too much pot'.  There's no such thing.  There's using too much though, there's using it for the wrong reasons, and that's what you have here.

I would suggest counseling outside of the military system.  I would also suggest that it's time for a "come to Jesus" meeting with your husband and give him no uncertain terms that if he fucks up again you're gone, because your marriage, sorry to say, is built on broken promises and will never be what you thought that it should have been.  And that's NOT YOUR FAULT.  That's his fault.  

12. #13 BugPoop, Sep 8, 2014
    Hmm.. So what makes you think I have bipolar? Lol I was just using that as an example because I know for a fact you can get recommended medical marijuana for mental ailments and the first 2 that came to mind were bipolar and depression. Wasn't sayin I had it

Edit: it almost sounds like your talking to OP in your post but I'm not sure since you quoted mine

13. OP, do tolerance breaks help? If getting high has lost it's luster, then quit! If you have a hard time quitting then you may want to visit this website. I wish you and your husband only the best. Peace be with you both.  :)

http://marijuana-anonymous.org

14. Ok one, you are 18, have a fiance that already cheated on you and was on leave for 17 months.
    Thats what is wrong with your life lmao.

As for not getting high anymore, I have smoked weed every day all day, with the exception of probation time, for 5 years now. I used to think I wasn't getting high or "smoked myself sober". That was before I realized it's all in your damn head just enjoy the high and you will.

I spend some days only taking high quality dab hits, and when I take one huge rip of dank buds, I feel blazed as ever.
    Not first few times, full on body high, etc, just like a high buzz feeling that is weed.

You are asking too much out of weed, don't smoke it to solve your problems or to make you happy, smoke it because you want to smoke it. I smoke weed for the effects of weed and how it makes me feel.

Problem 2, your husband doesn't smoke with you. Why does he want you to smoke, seems weird to me. I wouldn't want my spouse to be high all the time when i'm not..

15. He's right your using weed to temporarily avoid your problems but you just keep smoking so your mind is occupied with something else I suggest you guys as a couple should go speak to a psychologist they can help you two. I suggest you stop right away coz what you doing is called abuse. I would not want a fellow toker to turn to (hard) drugs as a result of emotional and psychological problems

16. You wrote Happy Endings...tee hee hee... :ey:

17. Smoking weed to stop problems won't help anything in the long run. You should evaluate your life when you haven't smoked. To me it seems your young to be married but everyone's different. Don't forget your still young don't live for anyone else live for yourself and good things will happen, do what makes you happy. Having to smoke weed because of say problems with your husband or any main aspect of your life I think is hiding the problem and that will really blow up in the long run and you might not end up being happy in your life.