Sneak Preview On The New Upcoming Grasscity Community Design

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Sep 8, 2014.

GC App will receive other changes in future , this is not effecting that one.

However current mobile style will be gone and replaced with a responsive version. I'll try to find the responsive mockup for forum index design and attach here.

2. I want my e-penis back  :smoke: 
     [​IMG]

3. #24 Superjoint, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    Fully responsive, no app needed (app will still be available though!!!)

4. Sneak Preview Of the Magazine Section

Screen_Shot_2014-09-08_at_20.19.49.png Screen_Shot_2014-09-08_at_20.23.37.png

5. #26 Lizard King, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    Here are some screenshots from development board 

Responsive header dropdowns

Screenshot_on_2014-09-08_at_21_29_51.png

Responsive Index Design

Screenshot_on_2014-09-08_at_21_29_27.png

6. Just tell me the app will have a like post button, that would be like totally groovy super swell!

7. Everything is looking great; will the responsive approach eventually eliminate the need for the app? Seems like doing so could be a nice way to reduce the codebase you manage and allow for time to be reallocated to other projects in the process.

@[member="Superjoint"], is the magazine section where GC Post-related content will live? If so, is there any way you can DM me the image dimensions you'll be using for teaser images/thumbnails, max image sizes for in-content imagery, etc?

8. I'm down for a new look

9. Yeah looks good, around when will it go live?

10. its looks ok i guess im more interested in what user posts will looks like and will we still be able to change the color of the site to match what we like?

Magazine section will include Articles, Tutorials, Reviews & News 

Responsive is not a full app replacement. I love responsive designs however an app use way less bandwidth , have push notification support etc..

All though we are not happy with the current app and in 2015 we plan to create our built in apps with improved usability and better performance.

Responsive design will have all the features :)

12. I like it a lot, but I think the notifications bar should still show up to 10 notifications. It only shows 5 in the pic, but idk if that's because you only had 5 on the account you took pics of. It's nice not having to load a new page to see your first 10.

13. Coming October/November

14. Looks great guys!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Grasscity Forum..grabba dabba goo

It does show 10 :)

16. 4 Stars! Given how much important information is on your site, you've done a good job! I think it will be much easier to I go straight to the topics I need. You've obviously put a lot of thought into your redesign and I'm looking forward to trying it out.

17. Looks very user friendly. GC is the one and only forum i do research. Intense KNOWLEDGE through out site.

18. It already does lol. If you click someone's post you get a menu to Like or Flag

19. Looking good!

Did you ever get around to expanding the "Recent Topics" function on the main page to show more then 5 entries, like we talked about a few months ago?

would be awesome if I could see the 10+ most recently created topics!