Sneak Preview On The New Upcoming Grasscity Community Design

Discussion in 'General' started by Superjoint, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Looks like it was designed by 12 year olds for 12 year olds. 

2. Not bad. I kind of miss the old GC layout from the mid-2000s. Oh well, this design looks better than the current one. Cleaner, too.

3. Very impressive. It's nice to see updates and progress!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

And this comment shows that you are highly possible 12 ;)

5. Speaking as someone who does a lot of art, and has designed many different things ranging from logo's to album covers... this design you guys are planning on rolling out is on-fucking-point. Great work again. Looking forward to it.

6. False. Disagreeing with "the boss" does not automatically mean I am a child. Nice try, though.

Perhaps it was in the choice of non-constructive, demeaning verbiage. :smoke:

8. My first impression is it looks pretty coo but I want to wait and see

Agree with this. I inquired about this awhile back and they were taking it into consideration. Hopefully late 2015? 

9. #209 Lizard King, Feb 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2015
    We are getting pretty close with this. we are expectinq to request users to beta test the style in less then 2-3 weeks.

10. I dunno, it's ok. I react the same to these upgrades, first with dislike which slowly evolves into indifference. then eventually I don't even notice cause thats just how GC looks now. then there's a new one, rinse and repeat. I could really care less about the 'format' I come to this site for the userbase, you know? I do like functional elements of certain upgrades (like how when someone quotes your post, you get a notification, etc) though. 

if you were to ask me what I peronsally would want (cause I know thats of the utmost concern to ya'll haha), I'd say a throwback to the mid 2000s grasscity, complete with rep but still maintaining the notifications component of the new one. I remember speaking to IgnorantFool I think about the rep system being a huge system hog, but I miss having rep bars and giving rep and stuff. and the old pandora's box...but the users did that shit to themselves. even a pandora's box where you could like, only post if you have 1000+ posts or  so many years membership, and the box itself would be treated almost as a separate forum (like the Nirvana thing, sorta) so if you did bad things in the Box you'd get banned from the Box, but not necessarily GC itself. 

or something I am just high and rambling. nice job with the update though. I already know Iam gonna be dab'd as hell one day and try to login to updated GC, and its gonna look different so I'll stare for a second, then open a new window and try it again with the same results 

11. Seems great

12. #212 xfghfhjfh, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2015
    Looks nice and very clean. Can't wait to give it a try. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. #213 zxcbxcff, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2015
    It looks neat. Any idea what inside a topic will look like?[​IMG][​IMG]

http://d.pr/i/1a8ur/Ml1xo2Qo

Hope this will answer your question 

15. OMG how did I miss this thread?

Looks good to me. *shrug*

I'm excited to start workin' out the kinks!

16. Any update on the progress? It looks nice from pics but I wanna play with it.

17. Thats hella dope

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

18. #219 HugeEgo, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    Why does every website have to look cartoonish and child like ? whats up with that

is their a way we can select that layout ? on wrestling forum they give you the option to keep using the old layout, any such luck here on this site ?

19. #220 zxfgfg, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2015
    Looks nice and very clean. Can't wait to give it a try. [​IMG] [​IMG]