My Grow Box For Under 250

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Ucp, Sep 8, 2014.

1. #1 Ucp, Sep 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2014
    I originally bought one of these pre built storage Cabinet for lowes for $150 and was so not happy, it was easy to assemble and for what i was doing it was great because it didnt have a fixed shelf. I got it home and put it together and was disgusted... I returned it that same say, and was like Fuck it... Ill build a way better one for the same price if not a bit more with way better features...
    I bought 2 sheets of Top choice 3/4in oak ply for around $100 $49.97 per 8ft sheet.
    now i could have shaved the money and went with a sanded ply but i wanted it to look like a closet
    also got stain for $8.00 and hinge and hardware $15.00
    I then went to amazon for the intake and exhaust fans i got 2 of these $19.99 ea and can be daisy chained usb power

The ordered a 125ft roll of 24in reflective bubble insulation for $36.99 from ebay
    i run 300w led, and have a usb fan in there that osculates and the top of the cab it doesnt get above 81 lights on during day, and lights on at night 75-80 and dark period 70-75
    Please comment
    Doubles as drying box

The cabinet is 60hx24wx20d
    cant keep the cat out.....

Attached Files:

2. good lookin build ...I love that reflectix stuff. Works great as a sleeping pad when camping too. My cats also love it...whenever there's a piece of it on the ground they have to walk on it.

man I bet if you put that outside in the sun you could cook a turkey in it. lol...

3. LOL im not sure why kitty loves it be he does..... he always trying to get in there.. My last grow was in the box 1 plant from seed it was my 3rd all grow in general and i invested around $600 for good nutes, LED, and box and i have been growing the same random bag seed and the result where night and day....  My previous grows were all done in dwc with cfl in a closet and i had alot of issues with those 2 and yields were a joke compared to this time lol 

my first 2 closest cfl grows same time veg  around 28g first grow 34g 2nd grow

1st box grow - 105g

4. you want the intake hole in the very bottom,
    Im dead serious about this.
    Cut out a similiar piece in the bottom and just shove it into the old intake space.
    The air flow at the bottom is very important

5. NEVER LET A CAT NEAR A FLOWERING CANNABIS PLANT.
    DONT EVEN TEST IT.
    IM SERIOUS.
    a day will come by when you cat goes crazy from the resin and slashes every single plant down.