Made Rap Song, Want Feedback

Discussion in 'The Musician in U' started by carvinxb75, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Ok so i think this is the longest i've waited to release a song, i made it in july for the most part. Is the mix good? More importantly do you like it?

https://soundcloud.com/jeremiah-milli-n/pleasure

2. #2 Koh, Sep 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2014
    i do like it, the beat is real nice, the lyrics dont take anything away. the beat overrides the words though, i had to try in order to hear them. 

3. What were you listening to the song through? I really appreciate the feedback, I'll give it another listen, maybe raise the vocals in the mix.

4. Sounds like you did a good job man, I just got some new studio headphones and it comes through pretty clear. The only thing I would say is your drums could maybe use some compression and an EQ boost, cutting out the mid frequencies a little on your instruments should help the snare come through a lot better, but then again it all depends on what you're trying to achieve in the mix, not all tracks need punchy kicks and snares.

5. The music was too loud. Your vocals were not loud enough. I could tell that you were rapping, but could not make out what you were saying. And that music is like adult contempoary jazz or something. Sorry, I did not enjoy it.

6. #6 Infinite Experience, Sep 7, 2014
    That's how a lot of people in this generation like it nowadays, as loud as possible, you can blame that on the evolution of Sound Engineering, these days a limiter is put on almost every track's master channel to make it as loud as possible without blowing out your speakers, when 30 years ago it was mainly used in live performances if the performer would drop his mic/guitar, just so it wouldn't hurt the audience.

7. Then perhaps you should call yourself "Soft whispers"

8. Yeah i know i did use a lever on the master track. But, you know I'm just trying to compete with the other tracks. Trying to make it as loud as the other tracks on sound cloud. I really appreciate your feedback, blades.

9. #9 Old School Smoker, Sep 7, 2014
    If you were to make the old fashioned progressive rock ballads like Pink Floyd did back in the 70's, then yeah, it's all about the music. But if you are gonna rap, it's all about the lyrics. And the song will suck if you can't hear the lyrics.

10. #10 lxxf, Sep 7, 2014
    carlton banks flow
    try a lloyd banks flow

good on the ears & I enjoyed it.

11. Sounds like a challenge

12. Per your recommendations, I made another song and mixed the vocals higher than i normally would, lemme know whats good

https://soundcloud.com/jeremiah-milli-n/ho-ho

13. pink floyd psychedelic rap would be pretty cool

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app