Nicotine And Marijuana: An Inverse Relationship

Discussion in 'High Ideas' started by floyd123, Sep 7, 2014.

1. So i've been researching cannabis and its medical applications, and I got to stoned thinking... Well, basically I read in Jack Herer's "The emperor wears no clothes" that cannabis smoke is the best natural method of cleaning the lungs of the smog and phlegm associated with tobacco smoke. I, being a smoker of tobacco cigarettes (not so good) noticed that after having smoked a bowl of cannabis, that my lungs felt tighter after the first drag or so of a cigarette. Moving through the session on a second bowl, I noticed that while I coughed from the harshness of the smoke, It was in a different part of my throat, that, rather than making me feel as though i was dying, made me cough and expectorate some of the phlegm that has been persistently bothering me. Shortly after the second bowl, I felt myself craving a cigarette, however rather than a psychological luxury, it felt like a genuine need. So my basic thought is, do the inverse effects of Marijuana on Tobacco smoke in the cardiovascular system rid the body of nicotine as well as phlegm? The craving felt like more of a shortage of nicotine...

Sorry for the depth, Im pretty high.

Has anyone experienced this before? Does anyone with medical experience know about this factually? or am I just that high?

Thanks.

2. Just high.. lol, but it does help to clean your lungs of crap. I usually only smoke weed at night, cigarettes all day though. That first bowl usually has me coughing out some nasty shit, but its not a harsh cleaning. It just comes out with ease. Thing about weed though, it effects your neurons so they don't time out like they're supposed to. Whenever you use a neuron, they have a break period after. With weed, it helps to inhibit that break period.. that's why when you start thinking of something, lot of times you keep thinking about it. The neurons in your subconscious associated with smoking cigarettes probably have the same thing happen.. so its like you'll crave a cigarette even more.

Mobile mumbling..

3. Idk but....I'm so high..and maybe I'm trippn but..."Psycological Luxury" sounds like a kick ass new rock band.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum:blaze:

4. stop.
    mother.
    fucking.
    smoking.
    fuck :metal:

5. I wouldn't say so, I like to smoke ciggs every now and then and when I have weed I never feel the need or event want to smoke a cigg. 

6. I feel that for sure, but I was talking from the point of view of someone who smokes multiple times daily.

I just quit btw though :D

7. IDK maybe though because I know a lot of people who like to smoke ciggirates right after smoking weed :p

8. it used to be so weird, it was like I couldn't smoke weed without smoking cigarettes throughout . Probably a psychological thing though come to think of it, like brain associates smoking reefer with smoking cigarettes

9. I know im really late but I am glad I am not the only one who hears phrases and thinks, "Dang, that should be a band name". :wave:

10. I smoke cigarettes. And I smoke weed. But I WILL NOT smoke a cigarette if I'm stoned. I have no Idea why and it's the strangest thing but when I'm high I just don't want a cig at all. They gross me out. But once I come down I spark one right up. Strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum