Money Maker Super Lemon Haze In The Autoyielder Grow Box

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by The Green Surfer, Sep 7, 2014.

1. Yea, I'm well past veg at this point haha, almost a month into flower so no turning back now! Through my research I'm hoping that most of the "stretch" is over! I think now they're just soaking up light!

2. Ha I see that.... just saying I voted a week less than you my friend....;)

3. yea I'm realizing now that I needed to start flower much more quickly in this little box! But hey, it's the first of many that this box will produce so every mistake is a better next harvest!! :)

4. I misread your comment and thought you said, I had a few more weeks of veg lol. Now I see you meant I vegged longer. My mistake bro!

5. #145 smoosh, Nov 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 25, 2014
    How is the smell doing? All you are using is the carbon filter?

That's something that worries me too since I have neighbors like right next to me.

All I have is a carbon filter, but I am thinking of getting something else for when it gets really stinky lol.

I never seen a micro grow so I am very interested how this turns out!

I can't wait for mine. Tomorrow will be the first week of flower :)

6. Also consider defoliation for hight control. Just don't remove more than 60% or something like that. Just de foliate the ones that you want to slow down. That way instead of lights getting to fan leaves it gets streight to buds. May this will help with hight and make them fatter.

7. Hey chiming in.

Day 24 of flower nice. Tine to get into LITFA mode. (leave it the f alone)

I try to limit defoliating, trimming, training to the first 21 days of 1212.

After that point I'd be concerned with causing stress and damage to the plant. You want her focusing on bud development instead of repairing itself.

Also I've gotta ask what's up with the leaves. You've either got some nute burn, pests or both.

I say pests only because one of those fan leaves in yet pics is tore up pretty bad.

I say nute burn because well that's what that is. Yellow tips on leaves indicates your soup is too hot for the plant.

This is fixable in two ways.. Either dilute the solution with plain base water or dump it and refill. Depending on how long its been since you filled it up you may want to just dump it and try again anyways.

Have you been monitoring your ppms and ph?

Overall she looks great. Watch your nute levels and limit causing extra stress to her. The strawberry cough I chopped flowered for 12 weeks from flip.

You'll also start to see tricomes pretty soon if you aren't already.

8. The yellowing leaves are burnt from the light, they are very very close to it which is why I've been tying them down! I also cut off any burnt tips with a pair of scissors so that also may be why the leaves look a little funky. As far as PH... honestly, I haven't really been checking it, the 5 weeks I was checking on the daily, it started to stay very consistent at 5.8 with the nutes in there to stabilize it, I know I should be checking it though.. the curling yellowing tips are light burn though I'm 90% sure.

I did a semi-major defoliation 2 days ago, so I guess that's it as far as that goes! Don't want to stress them, you're right, looks like dental floss tie downs from here on out, I just hope the stretch is done!
    I'll post again soon once they have some noticable improvements, thanks for the feedback!

9. I'm excited for you bro! Can't wait to see how fatty it turns out!

When the lights on, my bedroom has a nice smell :), the rest of the house though, none. I'm thinking of getting some ONA gel, I've used it in grows before, you just open the jar and leave it in the room you're growing in, that, coupled with the filter should leave you in pretty good shape man! I'm sure there are other methods, but that's the cheapest odor control method I've found!

10. #150 smoosh, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Yeah man thanks for following up my journal! Yeah I am definitely getting the gel and stay away from ozone .

Don't be paranoid with defoliation. You have a lot of leaves you would only stress her if you take too much, just be selective about it. In my experience light getting to buds makes fatter colas and helps control hight. If hight becomes a big issue or you think it will then just take some out and watch how it gets fatter instead of higher.

As long as you don't take too much at once you should be fine. You can do this in flowering stage for sure without stress. You will only stress her by taking too much out.

If I were you I would defenitly take some leaves out. You still have a long way to go and you already maxed out you hight space. Don't let it get worst because that is definitely stressing her out already.

Read about defoliation during flower stage here
    growweedeasy.com/training

How many plants you got flowering right now?

11. I have two that are budding, there are actually two more below that aren't really budding because of the light blockage, but I feel like if I get some 2400K side lights instead of the 6400 that I've got now, it should help under canopy production!

I will definitely look into it, they don't seem to be hating it too much but I do think moderation is key with this, I guess everyone has their method! I really appreciate the feedback!

12. #152 smoosh, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Sounds good! Check out that link I sent you is a good resource. You will find answers to most questions we have posted here.

After the bigger ones finish you can spend time on the other two. With your space I would stick to one plant and train it to have multiple colas like it was more than one plant. Then again is sweet to have more than one strain, if you can pull it off nicely keep it going! :)

13. Any updates? How are they doing? :)

14. The buds are frosty and getting thick! Red hairs are starting to form on some buds as well! There are a good 10-12 solid bud sites!! It's a 2 plant show, the smaller money maker is in the shade and has lost most of it's leaves, I suppose if it survives I could re-veg? The lemon Haze is about 5 inches tall with little baby buds, I only keep that one for a laugh!

I left for a day to house sit the other day, and sadly I came back to my top cola on the Silver Haze growing under the hood, and it got a little crispy from the heat of the metal, nothing serious, only about a quarter inch of the top bud and it isn't completely fried, just has some curling hairs..

I have since tied that cola over, not sure if I should let the burnt part heal, or chop it off, what do you guys think?

The other buds are sitting nicely about 2 inches below the bulb, I tie em' down more snugly as needed to keep them from getting crispy, which makes for some great stocky bud growth underneath. The sides of the box have some burnt leaves from the T5s, probably why Letter 3 thought my leaves look like shit, lol, but nothing I can really do about that except have less plants next time!

I'll post some pics of the successes and errors tonight so you can both applaud and laugh at me, :D.

15. Yeah post the pics even for the little one! :)

Is not perfect but you are growing your own on limited space! That's tough to pull off! This is also your first time? I applaud you for being bold!!!

16. First time doing a micro grow! I came into it like I had all the room in the world! Now I'm laughing at my ambition, but great lesson learned, for the first run in the box, it could be worse! Next crop will be 2 plants with less veg time for sure!

I get off in a few hours, then I'll post the goodness :p

17. A few angles of the entire box.

Attached Files:

18. Nuggets upon nuggets on Silver Haze! The third pic has the burnt top cola in plain view :( now that it's bent over it's in a great spot though!

Attached Files:

19. Money maker is smaller, but I tied it down tonight and pushed it into some open space right under the light, these buds look pretty cool!

Attached Files:

20. Wow it looks great man! Very frosty! I love it, can't wait for mine to get like that.

How many days of flower is that now?